Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the DSP legit for the 03? I'm in the EXACT same boat as you Teach... I've got too many mods now and i dont think the SC is doin it for me. I need a tuner that is able to handle a custom map. I'm also lookin at cams in the next year.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I don't know for sure, but from what I have read the DSP is legit as far as the custom tuning goes for an 03. You can add fuel and spark but it still lacks idle control and trans control for the 03.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I am certainly going to to bigger now with my cam than I had originally planned. I was going to put in the Crazy Spartan but now I am going to have to see what is better out there since I will be able to get a custom tune
Im still going to stick in the "Spartan" style cams, at the moment Im stuck with the Crazy Spartan because of my budget on this build but if I can get a good deal on a set of headers, then I can use the leftover to help with the tuner and then jump to the reg. Spartan Cam.

That is unless SC comes out with the abilibility to do custom tunes between now and the end of july

Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by truckin151

That is unless SC comes out with the abilibility to do custom tunes between now and the end of july
doubt it lol

Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Im still going to stick in the "Spartan" style cams, at the moment Im stuck with the Crazy Spartan because of my budget on this build but if I can get a good deal on a set of headers, then I can use the leftover to help with the tuner and then jump to the reg. Spartan Cam.

If they haven't been able to release the other features in past 6 months I seriously doubt you will see custom tuning in the next 2 months.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Just an FYI, Superchips is currently making a list of people to be beta testers if anyone is interested.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

What function are they testing? And will they cover the costs of replacing any parts that blow in the process?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

What function are they testing? And will they cover the costs of replacing any parts that blow in the process?
I don't know what functions they are testing at this point, just that they are asking for people to sign up to beta test and that they are creating a list of interested parties. As far as any damage that may occur, I beleive that is a risk the tester takes on.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

haha no thanks. a blown tranny isnt worth a free $300 tuner.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Just an FYI on beta testing. They won't release something so buggy it will ruin your vehicle. That's left for in house alpha testing. I've beta tested many files and not one has harmed my trucks. Just one tuner firmware related issue in all the years I've tested. Could something happen, sure? If you beta test, you assume the responsibility that comes with testing a beta file. Having said that, I have enough faith in the engineer and programmer to beta test a file. They're pretty thorough on their end.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates