Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should put that cam in and go lay down a couple 50 foot patches right in front of teach's house.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
you should put that cam in and go lay down a couple 50 foot patches right in front of teach's house.
Seeing those patches might change my mind about putting off the cam .

Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I had to switch back. I just couldn't live with the stock shifts and the cam isn't going in until next year now. So I had to choose between running a canned tune with no trans control or running a canned tune with trans control. Really, it was a no brainer when I looked at it like that.

I didn't want to put the cam off but the raise I will get for putting the money toward finishing this second masters will well outweigh the cam.
I can understand your point there, putting money elsewhere to make more of a return later on down the road is a good thing, I'd do the same in a heart beat if it meant a larger payout later down the road. I just remember you saying that you were in the process of buying a transgo kit to firm up the shifts and how much you liked the DSP tuning over the SC's...

I should... Roast the tires right in front of his house, smoke up the whole street... Road trip

Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by truckin151

I should... Roast the tires right in front of his house, smoke up the whole street... Road trip
alright, start driving. detour through chicago and pick me up.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

After you guys get done laying your patch we can all go hit Hooters for lunch . Now get this thread back on topic! I'll start.

Since there are a couple of beta testers on here maybe you guys could help answer a question for me. I have heard from some that beta testing will start this week while I have heard elsewhere that there is no set eta for the start of beta testing. Can either of you or maybe Sil confirm when the testing will start?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
After you guys get done laying your patch we can all go hit Hooters for lunch . Now get this thread back on topic! I'll start.

Since there are a couple of beta testers on here maybe you guys could help answer a question for me. I have heard from some that beta testing will start this week while I have heard elsewhere that there is no set eta for the start of beta testing. Can either of you or maybe Sil confirm when the testing will start?
I can't confirm the first wave of beta testing just yet. I'm the only pre-beta tester at the moment. We're getting closer.

A couple of little tidbits. There will be a TM adjustment option in the transmission tuning program and Superchips will do it the right way. Oh, and a line pressure adjustment option as well.

Sil

Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Very Nice

Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Sil, that is great news that they included those options in the new features. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

good thinking bullet. I followed your lead and unloaded it local for $200. damn, SC just paid me to try out the new stuff....awesome.

Scott at SC told me late last week to 'get ready' and said something about them coming in a week or so. so I'm hoping this week or next.

Wow Sil, this options list just keeps getting longer and longer. I won't even know what to do once I get it...well, other than set the TM down as low as I can safely go.

I had the truck detuned for a couple days while i switched over programmers (I don't even have the time to do it all in one sitting) and man it sucked. full throttle shifts almost made me cry. now i'm back to canned tune, and should be kickin *** in a week or so.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Wow Sil, this options list just keeps getting longer and longer. I won't even know what to do once I get it...well, other than set the TM down as low as I can safely go.
When I first started testing, I was blown away by the PT shifts. The WOT shifts were very strong and even stronger after the WOT shift fix (last test revision).

Truck was running like a beast. Well it comes to my attention this old test mule was running without TM.

You guys are going to love this new transmission tuning. There is no doubt in my mind. The testers need to give feedback on GUI and anything else they want improved.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates