Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
RH, no word on if they cut you the check this week?
thats a big negitive teach.. according to my reciete they got it and signed for it last wen.
so i asume ill be seeing it this week if not all hell is breakin loose ...you no me!!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Alright for all of you guys who keep saying that the 91 tune doesn't feel like it did anything for your truck, From my past experiences running all of the tunes (87,Tow,91) it would appear (to me at least) that the 87 and Tow tunes help alot with your low end, I have messed around with those two tunes quite a bit and you can definitely feel the tune much better specially on launches and in city traffic. The only downside to those two tunes (at least from what I have experienced) is that the top end suffers and doesn't pull as hard or feel quite like it should. With the 91 tune (again at least for me) it can be felt a little in the low end as it feels slightly better than stock, but really shines in the top end where it pulls alot harder than the other two.

Now I do not have any time slips or numbers to back up my theory so it may be right or it may be wrong (but it does make sense when you think about better low end=better city mileage).

Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

thats good to no but im a low end power guy and i never got it from the performance. but what you said makes since.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by bccamper
I had previously asked about a feature on the superchip which so of you never heard of. I have include a picture of the menu item from the superchip programmer.

This the Mobile Desoot enable. My question is... What is this option.....
I'm assuming you have the 3865 or a cortex. From my understanding it an option for the 6.7L diesel. At least that's what I was told from a buddy with a 3865 he's running on his diesel. Now that being said I have no idea what it actually does.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
OhioHemi03

Just ordered my superchips 3865 today and am curious on what i need to do when it arrives....am running 89 oct in my tank now. Should i wait until it's empty to install the 91 tune? Any help would be appreciated, I have ZERO experience with programmers!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Yep. Start fresh when tank is empty or she may start pingin on you...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
WeightLifter500
Veteran

Has this problem been fixed yet? “It was done I went back into view settings and under power level it read stock, even though I just tuned it to 91 octane I tried returning back to stock then tried the tow tune but it still read stock.” When it reads stock has it been tuned and I am getting the benefits of the added HP/TQ or is it still stock, with the exception to the trans and shift points.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor
Default View Setting bug fix briefly delayed

The software release for the 'view setting bug' fix did not get out of the Superchips system last week. The software team bundled this change with other changes requiring validation, so it was held up in QC. I talked with the team this morning and they said it will go out shortly. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amy info on what other changes the fix was bundled with?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Amy info on what other changes the fix was bundled with?

The Dodge software team said they are trying to bundle the following revisions for the next release:
  • 'View settings' bug fix
  • 5.9L Cummins anti-theft patch
  • Dakota tire size revisions
  • Jeep Wrangler tire size revisions (for mechanical speedo vehicles)
They are also working on a field issue with OBD-II pin push-out on the vehicle/dash side of the harness. They are designing software to detect if the pin circuit is open so they can predict and prevent programming issues when the pin is damaged or missing.

Our 'needs update' rate is still high on Jeep, but it's slowing coming down from launch highs. Dodge and Cummins are also adding 'firewalls' to prevent tuner programming, but we're working on countermeasures so our customers can continue adding performance and economy.

Aside from these field issues, the team is getting ready to examine transmission options. These options are moving up on our priority list and, barring any significant field issues, will be making progress in the coming weeks.

At the end of the day Superchips is balancing (1) new application coverage, (2) global software priorities like those above, and (3) new features / continuous improvement efforts. This is the crux of the delay in new options for Hemi products.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates