Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't mess with any of the settings just yet. Load the 93 tune if thats what you are going with and data log a few things, specially knock, and go from there. There is really no point in blindly adjusting things as you can hurt your truck by adjusting some of those things and I doubt that is what you want to do, right?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 PM
butch1581
Captain
Wink

Originally Posted by truckin151
I wouldn't mess with any of the settings just yet. Load the 93 tune if thats what you are going with and data log a few things, specially knock, and go from there. There is really no point in blindly adjusting things as you can hurt your truck by adjusting some of those things and I doubt that is what you want to do, right?
Exactly! I don't want to wreck anything!
I was just wondering how to read the info from the log? How will I know what needs to be adjusted to "play it safe" how do I know if there is "knock" I haven't even gotten my predator yet, I am just trying to educate myself
thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
motorhead426
All Star

And FYI, you won't find any fan settings for the Ram, just idle speeds... I set mine +100 RPM than the stock setting, so basically 600RPM idle for all settings. It seems to run smooth at that speed. To me 500 RPM is too low and the truck surges or lopes while stopped. 700 RPM, and you have to hold the brake down harder because the truck just wants to "GO!"

...Just my findings anyway. Enjoy the tuner!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well 700rpm is not bad for me, I prefer it between 650 and 700 because with the high stall converter I dont move if I let off the brake from a dead stop.

butch1581 - Dont touch the WOT Fuel of Spark Settings, Data loggong is not that hard but it is still a feature I am learning myself. I can basically look at all my engine settings and sensors through my gauge so there is no reason for me to really data log as of now. There are tons of features you can data log but unless you know exactly which one mean what to who or what needs adjusted based on those features you just data logged I would just log for knock and call it good.

If you want to play around with the idle speeds, rev limiters, partial and WOT Shift points and speed limiters til your truck feels just right to you then go for it, just dont go to extreme on the settings, go up/down a little at a time and be sure to keep a note book handy as you are driving and feeling it out so you can jot down a note or two and adjust it so it feels right.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
butch1581
Captain

Thanks for the input!

I will probably load the 93 tune and try the shift points posted by truckin earlier in this thread. Hopefully I will get it tommorrow in the mail. I hope so otherwise I have to wait til next week. I hope it gives me the "kick" I am looking for.

Will a ram with the 93 tune keep up with a tundra? Just curious how ballzy I can get once I get the thing dialed in

After loading the tune, how long does it take for the truck to "learn" it?

I know truckin said his felt like it was still changing after a week? Will I even notice a difference right away?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

What I would suggest would be tojust load the tune and drive it around and basically burn a tank of gas. That way you can get a feel for what the original tune does and how it acts. Take some notes on where its shifting so that if you feel that it needs hold the shift a little longer or shift a little sooner you can make those adjustments. I think with mine now i have changed/altered the shift points i posted earlier from a different site probably 10 diffe times or so now to get it to feel right. Those points are more of a starting point to get you in the ball park. Power wise though although it will wake the truck up, if your truck is basically stock i wouldn't go out tundra hunting, they may be ugly but they sure can fly.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 AM
butch1581
Captain

I will probably just load the tune like you said and drive it for a while. Thanks

All I have otherwise is a 4" CAI wich I am sure doesn't do a whole lot, but it is really loud!

I can't believe Tundras are that fast stock. Stupid imports!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
butch1581
Captain

Just got the power adapter from radio shack. The tip can be plugged in either way to the power adapter. On the Predator is the tip posative or negative? Please help quick I dont want to fry it! thanks

Old 10-30-2009, 06:54 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by butch1581
Thanks for the input on the towing. I just made a "deal" with a guy on craigslist, so hopefully the thing is good to go. I should be getting my tuner in a few days. Can't wait!

I will be running 93 gas with no ethanol. (I do now also) So I can just load the 91 tune before I tow anything.

Dirtydog:

Do you just load the standard 91 tune? Do you make any mods to the tune? (Mostly wondering about tranny adjusts)

Also does the tow/haul button still work the same after a tune is entered?

Thanks in advance
I have run mostly the 93 octane setting on mine since last Dec. I have towed over 7500lbs in 95*+ weather with no issues. I tried the 91 setting for about a month and got a little less power so I am back to the 93 setting for good unless I can't get 93 octane gas for some reason.

I noticed one or two new settings in the latest update, but don't remember what they are right off. nothing major, just noticed they were new.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
butch1581
Captain

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews