3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adjustable Pedal switch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:03 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable Pedal switch problem?

I'm having a hell of a time with my adjustable pedals in my 2004 1500. My pedals won't adjust but the fuse is fine.

Now here's the kicker, the adjustable pedal switch is "wired" differently on the circuit board than the window switches so I can't just pop one of them out to test it.
I did try using a window switch and it was able to move my pedals backwards but not forwards....so now they're sitting too far away but I don't have any options to get a replacement switch quickly or easily.

Is there a way to test the switch to determine if it's function or not? I did try applying power to the switch and then checking the output pins (motor forward and motor reverse) with a multimeter while flipping the switch but I never got a voltage reading reading on those pins..... I also notice the diagram shows pin 2 as being the relay output so I'm also not sure if that had anything to do with not getting a voltage reading or not.

Also I'm curious if anyone knows if I could just jump the connector manually to move my pedals forward again, like run a wire from the power pin to the motor forward pin, would that work? or does that relay output do something particular?

Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 05-25-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:13 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Still looking into this one. I replaced the switch with a brand new mopar switch and the pedals still won't move. But if I use a power window switch it will move the pedals away from, just not towards me.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:46 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Fixed! It was the relay. Thank god when I went to the wreckers I emptied out the TIPM of all the relays I could grab to fill in my "spare" slots in my TIPM.
Now my pedals work and all the spare slots are full in case something happens down the road....on the road lol

Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you figured it out! Your truck doesn’t have a TIPM. You have a PDC, which makes you lucky. TIPM is 2006 and up.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:16 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

that's not what my service manual says, it refers to it as an IPM everywhere.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:57 AM
66three83
Captain

There are no relays in a TIPM. You don’t believe me just google when Dodge switched to TIPM. IPM is not TIPM. But just keep tweaking and breaking things, and entertain us with your fixes. Because there are so many of us who can’t figure out why our power foot pedals don’t work. And we’re always breaking those blasted stop pins on our instrument panels.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:03 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Originally Posted by 66three83
There are no relays in a TIPM. You don’t believe me just google when Dodge switched to TIPM. IPM is not TIPM. But just keep tweaking and breaking things, and entertain us with your fixes. Because there are so many of us who can’t figure out why our power foot pedals don’t work. And we’re always breaking those blasted stop pins on our instrument panels.
I never said I don't believe you, but there isn't a lot of information about those subtle differences, or perhaps it has more to do with the huge amount of mis-information that gets parroted around by people who don't do any actual work and just pass on what they read from another person who's never done any actual work.

Who's breaking what?? If you're referring to my cluster issue that **** got fixed real clean and my pedals came to me non-functional, I had nothing to do with those not working.

I'll just go ahead and remove all references to google from my computer because you obviously know everything.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM
66three83
Captain

IPM stands for Integrated Power Module which was used until 2006. TIPM stands for Totally Integrated Power Module which was used 2006 and up. 2006 trucks do not have a typical fuse panel, instead almost all accessories are controlled by the TIPM, which is prone to failure. And when your headlights don’t work, it’s not a matter if replacing a fuse, or relay, it’s a matter of replacing a $1,000 part. Known not to play well with trailer lighting. I was left with no turn signals, and no running lights when mine went.

I have owned NOTHING but Dodge trucks since ‘90 and my 2006 Mega Cab since new. I do all work on her myself after the warranty was over, and I’m approaching 300,000 miles now. So, yeah, I know a little bit about them.

Last edited by 66three83; 06-10-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:21 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

good to know, thanks for clearing that up..... I'm glad I don't have a 2006+ because that would suck.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Sudzup1
Default Need Help

Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR
Fixed! It was the relay. Thank god when I went to the wreckers I emptied out the TIPM of all the relays I could grab to fill in my "spare" slots in my TIPM.
Now my pedals work and all the spare slots are full in case something happens down the road....on the road lol
I am having the same issue with my 2003 Ram 1500, which relay did you replace???

The following users liked this post:
TEAMSTERS (04-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Adjustable Pedal switch problem?