3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air coming from every vent. (Main/Defrost/Floor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 06:43 PM
Jeremy Campbell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air coming from every vent. (Main/Defrost/Floor)

Hi Everyone,

I recently inherited my Grandfathers Ram after he passed away from Covid last year and Im trying to do right by him and keep it well maintained. It only had 92K miles on it and was garage kept. Im having a few minor issues and Ive been tinkering with them and having some success. However, my AC issue is driving me nuts. Im getting air from every vent in the truck. The main, floor and defrost vents. Turning the dial to change the vent does nothing. Ive checked the forum, google and youtube and couldn't find an issue where someone mentioned getting air from every vent.

I read that if it were air only coming from the defrost or no air coming to floor vents then it was probably a vacuum issue or possibly issues with the vent doors. In my case should I replace the entire climate control module in the dash or.....?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 05-19-2021, 07:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

That's just bizarre.

Try disconnection the vacuum line under the hood that goes into the cab of the truck. (and cap it off please.) See what your vents do then. It *should* just come out the defrost vents.

Or are yours all electric???

Old 05-19-2021, 09:13 PM
Jeremy Campbell

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's just bizarre.

Try disconnection the vacuum line under the hood that goes into the cab of the truck. (and cap it off please.) See what your vents do then. It *should* just come out the defrost vents.

Or are yours all electric???
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I pulled up a few videos that showed the lines but I can’t find any in my engine bay. I assume I’m electric unless the lines are hidden.

I agree it’s weird air coming out everywhere.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:06 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Do you hear any clicks when adjusting the a/c or heating controls? It's possible someone removed the center bezel and did not connect the plugs to the controls correctly during install.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:22 PM
Jeremy Campbell

Originally Posted by jrsick
Do you hear any clicks when adjusting the a/c or heating controls? It's possible someone removed the center bezel and did not connect the plugs to the controls correctly during install.
d

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do not hear any clicks at all when changing the dial. I'm pretty sure the center bezel was never removed but I could be wrong. The AC control is around $130ish +/-. Im wondering if I should just replace it.

Old 05-24-2021, 07:15 PM
Jeremy Campbell

Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Old 05-24-2021, 07:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Is there a way to reset the control head??

Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

You can check your current A/C control. How good are you with a multimeter?
You'll need to disconnect and remove the control.
The way I understand the control to work is by opening ground in each position. The check would be to ensure ground continuity changes between pins as you move the ****.
You can also check the resistor in the blower motor, but I think your problem is air coming out of all vents so blower motor is likely working fine.

Quick Reply: Air coming from every vent. (Main/Defrost/Floor)