4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is there any way to turn traction control right off??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 02:47 AM
JesseHutchings
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any way to turn traction control right off??

When you press the button on the dash it only turns traction control off partially. i wanna know if there is a way to shut it right down.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM
tombogue09
Captain

It can be turned off in 4wd if you hold the button down for 5 seconds. Unfortunately it can't be turned off in 2wd.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
devile
Professional

Originally Posted by tombogue09
It can be turned off in 4wd if you hold the button down for 5 seconds. Unfortunately it can't be turned off in 2wd.
YET! (Fingers crossed) Hopefully somebody will find a way!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:06 PM
fdfreeze

last night i was at the drivein with my wife and son i put it in fourwheel drive so i didn't tear up their grass going up over the mound when i was leaving when i was turning i thought i hit the car in front of me, it made a big snap when it caused the non slipping wheel to start turning. I hate it and wish it could be remove. if there is a little bit of ice and you start slidding just a little bit, it starts breaking all the tires, causeing the truck to slide all over the place. My wife has almost lost it on the drive way a few times when we didn't remember to shut it off. That and torque management are about the only things i don't like about it.

Last edited by fdfreeze; 08-15-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
v8440
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has been off for months. Here's how you do it:

Get down by a front wheel, find the wire loom coming from the wheel speed sensor in that wheel. Unplug the connector. The connector is not right at the sensor, but rather is a couple of feet up the wires from it.

Repeat for other wheel.

Enjoy no traction control.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM
td_20
Old 08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
TZM
Rookie

Originally Posted by v8440

Get down by a front wheel, find the wire loom coming from the wheel speed sensor in that wheel. Unplug the connector. The connector is not right at the sensor, but rather is a couple of feet up the wires from it.

Repeat for other wheel.

it works, just did it this morning, the connections are just on the otherside of the inner plastic fenders. can do a 70 foot burnout from a dead stop just by stomping the gas no brake.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM
tombogue09
Captain

Originally Posted by TZM
it works, just did it this morning, the connections are just on the otherside of the inner plastic fenders. can do a 70 foot burnout from a dead stop just by stomping the gas no brake.
You wouldn't lie would you?

3.55 or 3.92?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by v8440

Repeat for other wheel.

Isn't this wheel sensor you're unhooking also used by the ABS module?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fdfreeze
last night i was at the drivein with my wife and son i put it in fourwheel drive so i didn't tear up their grass going up over the mound when i was leaving when i was turning i thought i hit the car in front of me, it made a big snap when it caused the non slipping wheel to start turning. I hate it and wish it could be remove. if there is a little bit of ice and you start slidding just a little bit, it starts breaking all the tires, causeing the truck to slide all over the place. My wife has almost lost it on the drive way a few times when we didn't remember to shut it off. That and torque management are about the only things i don't like about it.
I have a feeling this is just 4 wheel drive and not the traction control. The front wheels, while in 4 wheel drive, are not going to turn the same. In 4x4, I can feel the front tires grabbing and slipping on hard pavement.

I have driven mine on ice a few times and never once had a problem.

Quick Reply: Is there any way to turn traction control right off??