2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018 | 05:09 PM
Rammit82
|
Amateur

Anybody know where I can find a 3/4" rear block and u bolt set? I need 3/4 to completely level out the body..Been looking on eBay and Google. Best I can find is a 1"

Old 02-10-2018 | 06:32 PM
Rammit82
|
Amateur

Scrap that previous comment. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4wd with the normal 4/1 rear leaf spring setup. There' a 3" block in the rear and a 3" lifted coil spring in the front. But for some reason I have 3/4" inch difference lower in the back. Anybody got any ideas?

Old 02-10-2018 | 06:34 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

Originally Posted by Rammit82
tsb? What is that
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1996/24-01-96a.htm

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Off of a ram, I think 2006, if memory serves me right
cruise control servo on a 2006 is vacuum controlled. unless you can come up with an actual part number i really don't think i would trust another post from you. i have a feeling they used vacuum controlled servo's right up until the did away with the throttle cable all together at which point there is no servo at all on the trucks or nothing that would be compatible with the older setup. all your posts are pretty vague with very little fact and all that it does is confuse people.

Old 02-11-2018 | 08:20 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

tsb? What is that
I'm not sure what it stands for but basically it's a problem that the consumers found and Dodge puts them out with a fix but you usually have to pay out off pocket.
Hey moparfanatic21....don't or didn't u have a light bar on your truck before. I recognize ur truck in some YouTube videos
No never had a lighter...yet. I plan on adding a lot of LED lights for when I go off road. It's a SEMA build. I would do how-tos on the stuff I do but sadly not a lot of people own these trucks anymore. IMO it's the best looking truck Dodge made.
Scrap that previous comment. I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4wd with the normal 4/1 rear leaf spring setup. There' a 3" block in the rear and a 3" lifted coil spring in the front. But for some reason I have 3/4" inch difference lower in the back. Anybody got any ideas?
You may have to go to a 2.5" lift spring (if they make them) what I have to do it get more leafs in the back of mine as to me the front sits a little higher.
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie

cruise control servo on a 2006 is vacuum controlled. unless you can come up with an actual part number i really don't think i would trust another post from you. i have a feeling they used vacuum controlled servo's right up until the did away with the throttle cable all together at which point there is no servo at all on the trucks or nothing that would be compatible with the older setup. all your posts are pretty vague with very little fact and all that it does is confuse people.
its made by Rostra for a 2006 Ram, it's fully electronic and uses an electronic motor to move the cable. I do not have a part number. I was giving the guy a heads up within what is known. If you don't believe my posts or it's confusing to you, I am sorry for that. My truck was originally a Cummins so technically I could add the modern ECM from a 24V would just need a harness from Hotwire Auto.

Old 02-11-2018 | 08:24 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie

I also have a 2006 steering wheel with radio controls, and the center seat out of an 06 Ram

Old 02-11-2018 | 08:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I
its made by Rostra for a 2006 Ram, it's fully electronic and uses an electronic motor to move the cable. I do not have a part number. I was giving the guy a heads up within what is known. If you don't believe my posts or it's confusing to you, I am sorry for that. My truck was originally a Cummins so technically I could add the modern ECM from a 24V would just need a harness from Hotwire Auto.
i bet you also confused the original poster since you did not say in any of your posts that the cruise control setup in your truck was aftermarket. you said it was from a 2006 ram. if that is the case you should just be recommending the aftermarket cruise setup. i personally have not had any issues what so ever with the cruise on my vehicles even without the vacuum reservoir on a steep hill. it really does not take that much vacuum to operate the cruise control servo. i know i learned a lot about cruise and how it works when i was installing it in my 1 vehicle.

Old 02-11-2018 | 09:16 PM
Rammit82
|
Amateur

I think the reason why I might have the extra 3/4" in the front higher is because I still have stock control arms and haven' put the new 3" extended arms on a long with the drop down brackets and Pittman arm. What do y'all think?

Old 02-11-2018 | 09:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Arms and such will just move the axle forward a bit. The block in back is stock, so, likely someone leveled it at some point, and then the rear springs settled.

Old 02-11-2018 | 10:07 PM
Rammit82
|
Amateur

When I first got it. The 3" block in the back was there with a 2" helper spring. The front had stock springs with a 2.5" in spacer. So I tool out the stock spring and spacer and put a 3" lifted coil spring and took the helper spring out and now the *** end sags 3/4" lower.

I'll take pics off the setup tomorrow and send em to u so u know what the deal is. I just want to have the 3" lift and body leveled out

Old 02-11-2018 | 10:11 PM
Rammit82
|
Amateur

From what I found out the truck was built for a work truck the floor was not made with carpet but with black vinyl type flooring instead. No clarification of ST, SLT, sport, etc. So from what I've gatthered it' not a normal truck soni assume the setup ain' normal either. That's y it' giving me hell trying to figure it all out

Quick Reply: Cruise control