Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
RoadRashRon
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light flicker

I emailed you on your website about a problem that just developed. My driver headlight is flickering...

Please send whatever is needed to fix this asap. I cannot use the light when its flickering, its blinding.

Thank you

Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 AM
freq
Rookie

Originally Posted by RoadRashRon
I emailed you on your website about a problem that just developed. My driver headlight is flickering...

Please send whatever is needed to fix this asap. I cannot use the light when its flickering, its blinding.

Thank you
Ron,

Did they fix this issue for you?

Thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 01:45 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Thank you
Can you please forward email to help@hidsupport.com along with details about the issues that you are facing.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
jacruz2
Rookie

Just got home from work this morning and noticed my passenger headlight is out I'm gonna do some trouble shooting but I'm thinking its the bulb just wondering what is the warranty on the bulbs?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:22 AM
jacruz2
Rookie

Okay so I check and its the bulb I tried using the drivers side bulb and it works so I know its the bulb without a doubt. Now next step is to figure out what HIDextra is going to do about it since I've only had this setup since the ending of April.

HIDEXTRA please tell me what I need to do since its only been two months since I purchase this kits.

Are you guys going to send me some replacement bulbs that will hopefully last more than two months?

I don't know if this helps but I noticed a slight flicker on the passenger bulb before it went out and never thought anything of it. The flickering was only upon start up and I thought nothing of it.

But now that the light is out I'm starting to think that it may have been a problem so what do I need to do HIDEXTRA?

The flicker was minimal at best I couldn't tell unless I actually sat there and stared at the light upon start up. The only reason I noticed it in the first place was the night when the wife used the truck and it flickered a few times while I was standing in the drive way watching her leave.

I leave my lights on auto and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Please advise me on what steps need to be taken.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hello,

Thank you for your message and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, we can definitely replace the bulbs for you asap. Please send us an email to help@hidextra.com and help@hidsupport.com to provide the following information:

Purchase Name:
Purchase date:
Purchase site: HIDExtra
Purchase email:
Shipping Address:
The problem you have encounter : Purchased the kits for 2 months. one of the bulbs has been burn out and need immediate replacement.

After sending out the email, please allow 2 business days for us to process and response. The RMA support team will assist you on what the next step will be.

Question, for your lights to turn on auto, will that include during day time as well? If yes, then you have a day time running light and a relay harness need to be install into your vehicle. The DRL will cost the HID bulbs to flicker and burn out quickly than regular estimated time.

Thank you,
HID Extra.

Originally Posted by jacruz2
Okay so I check and its the bulb I tried using the drivers side bulb and it works so I know its the bulb without a doubt. Now next step is to figure out what HIDextra is going to do about it since I've only had this setup since the ending of April.

HIDEXTRA please tell me what I need to do since its only been two months since I purchase this kits.

Are you guys going to send me some replacement bulbs that will hopefully last more than two months?

I don't know if this helps but I noticed a slight flicker on the passenger bulb before it went out and never thought anything of it. The flickering was only upon start up and I thought nothing of it.

But now that the light is out I'm starting to think that it may have been a problem so what do I need to do HIDEXTRA?

The flicker was minimal at best I couldn't tell unless I actually sat there and stared at the light upon start up. The only reason I noticed it in the first place was the night when the wife used the truck and it flickered a few times while I was standing in the drive way watching her leave.

I leave my lights on auto and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Please advise me on what steps need to be taken.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
jacruz2
Rookie

Done thank you

Old 07-19-2011, 12:37 PM
RoadRashRon
Amateur

My light stopped flickering for a few weeks, now all of a sudden its doing it intermittantly. The other day it was fine until i hit the gas, it would flicker then stop.

HIDEXTRA sent me the warrenty information as requested but I need to take the grill/headlights out to test anything and havent had time to do so.

Upon quick inspection it looks like the capacitor had a problem, the end is split and what looks like insulation is sticking out of it. Perhaps this is the cause as it is on the driver side and is the only light giving me problems.

HIDEXTRA, could this cause the issue? I can get to the capacitor without disassembly of truck and will switch the capacitors and see if the problem follows the "blown capacitor".

If indeed it does follow, will you send me a new one without me having to cut wires? I will send a pic of the capacitor end "blown out".

Thanks.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

No problem. Join us on facebook or twitter and receive 15% off on your next purchase !!

HID Extra

Originally Posted by jacruz2
Done thank you

Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi Ron,

Thank you for your time and effort. Yes, there is a chance the blown capacitors cost your light flickers. Go ahead and send the email to help@hidsupport.com to have us send out 2 x capacitors out for you and test it out to see if it will solve the problem. If not, then we can follow through on the previous RMA request. Thanks for your message and time to inspect on the situation. Please include the following information:

Purchase Name:
Purchase Date:
Purchase Email:
Shipping Address:
Problem: It seems my lights have began flickering again due to the capacitors been blown. Please send a pair of capacitors to me before we issue any warranty on my parts.

Let us know how it goes,
HID Extra.

My light stopped flickering for a few weeks, now all of a sudden its doing it intermittantly. The other day it was fine until i hit the gas, it would flicker then stop.

HIDEXTRA sent me the warrenty information as requested but I need to take the grill/headlights out to test anything and havent had time to do so.

Upon quick inspection it looks like the capacitor had a problem, the end is split and what looks like insulation is sticking out of it. Perhaps this is the cause as it is on the driver side and is the only light giving me problems.

HIDEXTRA, could this cause the issue? I can get to the capacitor without disassembly of truck and will switch the capacitors and see if the problem follows the "blown capacitor".

If indeed it does follow, will you send me a new one without me having to cut wires? I will send a pic of the capacitor end "blown out".

Thanks.

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members