2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:44 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Dude, wait, you're actually a homeschooler? I was just poking fun....
Yah I'm a homeschooler. But the homeschooling culture is somewhat restrictive and subversive. So I'm working on getting out of the "mold" it creates. But enough of this - if we want to continue this conversation continue it in the gib thread so we don't clutter.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i replaced a Side Marker Lamp on my 81. the weekly car show is tonight and was thinking about driving the 81 down. i was hoping to save them for after paint but oh well i still have 3 more left if i remember correctly.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

I have been all over town and the net trying to find parts to fix issues I have.

I am going to paste a message I left on my wall because I could not figure out how to open a thread asking for help.

Guess I can not post a new thread asking for help? I am stuck here hoping someone can help. humm is that right?

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram, V10 (8L) with a 5 speed stick shift transmission. It is Dually, it has California emissions, It is an SLT, 3500, 4X4. The Voltage Regulator is in the ECM and is over charging the battery. The water temperature sensor may be out as well, the computer shows the engine is running a little cold. I ordered a new sensor and will try to install that first but, I still need to replace the ECM unless I can figure out an external voltage regulator. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Yes there is a kit to do that, I'll PM you details about it.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by PrestonEidsmoe
I have been all over town and the net trying to find parts to fix issues I have.

I am going to paste a message I left on my wall because I could not figure out how to open a thread asking for help.

Guess I can not post a new thread asking for help? I am stuck here hoping someone can help. humm is that right?

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram, V10 (8L) with a 5 speed stick shift transmission. It is Dually, it has California emissions, It is an SLT, 3500, 4X4. The Voltage Regulator is in the ECM and is over charging the battery. The water temperature sensor may be out as well, the computer shows the engine is running a little cold. I ordered a new sensor and will try to install that first but, I still need to replace the ECM unless I can figure out an external voltage regulator. Any help would be great. Thank you.
Fix the voltage regulator first. All the gauges depend on the sensors getting the correct voltage to modify so the gauges read correctly. It's the old adage: Garbage in, Garbage out.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Ordered some custom 6x.013 injectors for the cummins! soon as they get here, the DDP150s are coming out!

Weston Shupe is custom building them for me. can't wait till they get here...course its going to be at least a couple weeks before I see them...he won't get the tips in till the end of next week with his shipment, and once he gets the tips he can machine, assemble, and pop test them, then ship them out.

current injectors are rated at about a 150hp gain over stock injectors...

the new injectors should be in the ballpark of 200-220hp gain over stock injectors. putting a hp number to the injectors is not an accurate way to measure them though...they will do different numbers with different setups.

They should also run a lot cleaner than my current injectors and spool the twins faster yet.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

picked up the breather elbow for my valve cover today along with one new bed bolt as the head started to strip when i pulled the bed.

waiting another 2 weeks to order the new fuel pump. paycheck wasnt quite big enough for me to do everything i needed to do.

as for now, the old pump is still working after hitting the bottom of the tank with a rubber mallet.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Still gonna deal with the shipping hassle or just buy one local?

Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
^ Still gonna deal with the shipping hassle or just buy one local?
Gonna buy the delphi from rockauto still... its literally half the price with shipping included than one locally.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
Ordered some custom 6x.013 injectors for the cummins! soon as they get here, the DDP150s are coming out!

Weston Shupe is custom building them for me. can't wait till they get here...course its going to be at least a couple weeks before I see them...he won't get the tips in till the end of next week with his shipment, and once he gets the tips he can machine, assemble, and pop test them, then ship them out.

current injectors are rated at about a 150hp gain over stock injectors...

the new injectors should be in the ballpark of 200-220hp gain over stock injectors. putting a hp number to the injectors is not an accurate way to measure them though...they will do different numbers with different setups.

They should also run a lot cleaner than my current injectors and spool the twins faster yet.
Hey, I know it's sorta off topic, but would you be interested in a inexpensive technology that can spool a single turbo faster than your twins and new injectors ?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?