2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 07:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

I think on a short bed truck, a two piece driveshaft would introduce more problems that it would solve. get some really strange driveline angles on the rear section of shaft.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems as though i may have a ground problem...

now that the truck is back together, anytime i hit the brakes, or turn signal, the back up light comes on.

this only happens when the trail harness is connected. when i by pass the trailer harness it doesnt do this. ive re-grounded the trailer harness, and it still hasnt fixed it.

any ideas?

anyone have a pic of the underside of their truck that has the tow package, so i can make sure im not connecting things wrong?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took the leveling kit and 35's off my '95 the other day, returned it to stock to sell.

At the same time I put the spacers on the '01. Bought an injection pump from a CumminsForum user that day for $525 as well.

Yesterday I replaced the rod ends in my crossover drag link on my '93 and greased the entire front end. Tightened up the steering quite a bit. Still more clunks to address though.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Took the leveling kit and 35's off my '95 the other day, returned it to stock to sell.

At the same time I put the spacers on the '01. Bought an injection pump from a CumminsForum user that day for $525 as well.

Yesterday I replaced the rod ends in my crossover drag link on my '93 and greased the entire front end. Tightened up the steering quite a bit. Still more clunks to address though.
i seriously wish we werent 3k+ miles apart... id buy that red truck in a heart beat!! i could come up with the cash in the matter of 3 pay periods(i think).

Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I'm just late to the party but I didn't know his '93 was twin turbo'd....

Old 07-27-2013, 10:29 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I went into walmart today to pickup some more bath towels for my mom cause I used all her nice ones on my truck. After navigating to the towels while dodging people and listening to whining screaming babies. I got the towels and made my way back to the truck. As usually I go to start her up and here a "click" so I get out check under the hood and cant seem to find what's going on. So anyways after a minute I figured it must be the battery terminal. Went got some Coca Cola bored it all over the corroded terminals. Now she starts up like shes brand new. Parking lot was dead green from all the acid when I left.... Thats what I did to my ram today... The walmart Rep also told me to unplug anything from the accesories input plug when I leave cause thats what causes this to happen? hmmmm

Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Redneck shipping is only like $900 haha.

Stewie, yea you are pretty late. My '93 has been twin'd since before I bought it.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:34 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger

Good luck selling the 95 hope it sells fast for you, I would have thought keeping it level would have made more people into it, but you know the market better than I do.

Sold the old black rims today, sold the front Dana 44 Dl as well, 4.56 gears are spoken for. Picked up the new yoke and lug nutz yesterday. Today is a full day over in the barn/shop working on diffs.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Rescue35
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced the O2, oil pressure, and temp sensors. Maybe this afternoon I'll dig into the AC repair and install the trans remote filter and aux cooler.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Good luck selling the 95 hope it sells fast for you, I would have thought keeping it level would have made more people into it, but you know the market better than I do.

Sold the old black rims today, sold the front Dana 44 Dl as well, 4.56 gears are spoken for. Picked up the new yoke and lug nutz yesterday. Today is a full day over in the barn/shop working on diffs.
I didn't see the point in buying the lift/shocks/tires all over again for the '01, since it is all brand new. I already have a neighbor who is interested at $3500. Hopefully that works out.

Gladyou are making progress on the diffs buddy

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?