2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

took my truck in ALOT of mud yesterday.....i know, i dont have any pics, so its worthless telling you guys, but i had a blast, i was with my buddy who has a 94 Nissan 4x4, and his brother who has a 98 Cherokee 4.0L....had alot of fun, but my buddies spun out on rocks, and ripped his tire up lol.......hand to use a hand saw to cut down the spare....good times.

went through one pit that was like quicksand, i was going and felt the truck sinking and sinking, i punched it, and made it through....it would have been disatorous if i got stuck, they would not have been able to rip me out lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent the weekend getting the truck cleaned up for the show this weekend. She is out for a detail job today. Hopefully she will be back this week for some touch up work. Fixin things like the little nicks from rocks and other random chips. Oh I almost forgot.... I did my tailgate with the duplicolor spray on bedliner. Not bad stuff. I was really impressed. I put on 3 coats seems pretty tough but we'll see. Gonna do the whole bed over time as money permits. Also gonna hit the underbody with a coat of the stuff. Also gonna try my hand at repainting the tailgate. Got lots of scratches on the tailgate from random stuff. So figured I'd debadge the rear and repaint it with the duplicolor paint and see how it goes. Ok there is my report on the weekend. BigT out lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Why are you going to put in strobes? 80w strobes are really brite! and 90 is more popular and have u ever seen how much work is involved in putting them in?

Might want to buy a good fused switch box to run them off of.

fused switch box?

and ya ive put a set in before, it was actually on a buddy of mines 00 f150 super crew, short box, boy was that a PITA, but my ram has more room all over, so were good. lol

Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 004x41500
ive foudn 2 new toys tht will be added to my truck after some glow shift gauges...

an 80w 4head strobe kit, and a grover 1510 fire engine air horn...
You sure it's an 80? I've only ever really seen 60 and 90w setups.

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Why are you going to put in strobes? 80w strobes are really brite! and 90 is more popular and have u ever seen how much work is involved in putting them in?

Might want to buy a good fused switch box to run them off of.
You drill a couple holes and run the wires. It's easy

Originally Posted by 004x41500
fused switch box?

and ya ive put a set in before, it was actually on a buddy of mines 00 f150 super crew, short box, boy was that a PITA, but my ram has more room all over, so were good. lol
He means like this http://www.strobesnmore.com/brooking...ntrol-box.html

Not needed if the strobes is all your running

Guys that have the Df decal can someone PM me the email address you paypal'd the money too? I pm'd Bad and he never has gotten back to me

Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2

Guys that have the Df decal can someone PM me the email address you paypal'd the money too? I pm'd Bad and he never has gotten back to me

pm sent

Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM
sprntpshr
Professional

Replaced door hinge pins, removed sticky door latch and cleaned out hardened grease. Drivers door would not shut completely, not the plan when working.
Braized up rust holes in the door shell, temp fix till I can source a good one.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker

well i wont be doin much with my truck for a while, since i cant return to work without a dr. note, and hopefully ill get one tommrow, though i might have to get an MRI on my neck, i didnt realize how bad the wreck really was, the truck took it like a champ, didnt even mess up the frame, though it did a number on my neck.

theres a possibility for a herniated disc thats pressing on a nerve, and if thats the case the only way to fix it would be surgury, but ill find out more next monday when i go back to the neurologist.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:48 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

May as well have the Doctor do the plenum fix on ya too, while he's got ya opened up.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bekins01ram
May as well have the Doctor do the plenum fix on ya too, while he's got ya opened up.

haha, ya. though im hopin to get my truck paid of, and im thinkin about just buyin the AIRGAP from hughes. and doin away with the plenum. but thats a few months down the road.

hopefully ill get enough to pay my truck off, and do some work on it. heres a list of the next few things im gonna do...

steering box brace $195.00
http://www.dtprofab.com/1994-2002-LI...ACE-_p_43.html

adjustable trac bar $395.00
http://www.dtprofab.com/DTP02000HD-9...LIFT-_p_8.html

AIRGAP $599.99
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...p?partid=24773

totals out to about $1,200 but of course they would be done seperatly.

but of course none of these are gonna happen until the trucks paid off.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I popped in a pair of PIAA Xtreme White Plus headlamps after cleaning them with Everclear and a lint-free cloth and being very, very careful not to allow anything at all to come into contact with the envelopes. They're nice and white, project nicely, and have great horizontal fill. They're spendy, but a lot cheaper than whacking a Bambi with expensive body parts.

Not that they'll keep the deer from jumping onto the road when it's too late to get the truck stopped, but I'm going to have to buy that slick Buckstop Outback bumper for those. And keep my guthook knife handy for any that don't get tore up too bad.

With just one short joy ride this evening, I'd recommend these lamps to anyone who wants to throw more light while staying legal. I got out well beyond any city lights and was quite pleased when I flicked on the high beams. They're not off-road bright, but they're darn good for DOT-approved street-legal lamps.

I also found a glitch in the Haynes manual. It says in the headlamp replacement instructions:

(1) Disconnect the negative cable from the battery
(2) Open the hood

And then for some reason it says that step three is to remove the battery, but it says nothing about removing the positive cable, or how removing the battery will get the battery tray out of the way. So I just left the battery be and wondered if anyone proofread the thing before publishing.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?