2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Nikato
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today (and last night) I spent time checking out my speakers and trying to figure out whats wrong with the passenger side. I believe its the original Chrysler wiring being fault on the passenger side so I will look into replacing it. I don't want to take it to a shop because it would cost a ton of money but I am also somewhat afraid of trying it myself.

Today I am also going to clean out my truck and detail the inside. Just got it and haven't had time to really clean it much. I look forward to it.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Nikato
Today (and last night) I spent time checking out my speakers and trying to figure out whats wrong with the passenger side. I believe its the original Chrysler wiring being fault on the passenger side so I will look into replacing it. I don't want to take it to a shop because it would cost a ton of money but I am also somewhat afraid of trying it myself.

Today I am also going to clean out my truck and detail the inside. Just got it and haven't had time to really clean it much. I look forward to it.
It's pretty simple. Get some soft tip pry tools and a circuit tester. Hook one side of the testor to the ground and one to the positive. Turn on the stereo and see if you are getting power. That'll tell you if the wires are bad.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 AM
bigtman07
Captain

I'm still waiting on my truck to get back from the detail shop. Stopped by yesterday to see how it's doin and she is gorgeous now that she is all shiny again!! Also scored a pioneer head unit (deh6400 if anyone cares) and 2 pioneer 6x9's from craigslist for $100 bucks. Gonna go to the junk yard today to get 2 old tires for the burnout contest this weekend.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Headed to the salvage yard. I heard they have a set of diamond plate bed rail caps for cheap. Also have to take in a Transmission and cv joints from my father in-law's Honda. Hope I can get some kinda money for them. At least he thinks I can....

Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Went out to get the mail, turned the key, the panel lights came on, and when I turned the key to the start position the lights went out. No headlights, no nothing. Luckily it was just a scroungy negative terminal clamp, so I replaced it with one of those gold plated Tsunami connectors that the audio geeks use.

Then I picked up my mail where a Bully tailgate lock was waiting for me, and installed that before returning home. That'll keep the tailgate thieves moving right along looking for easier pickings.

(Image borrowed from the good folks at http://www.pickupspecialties.com/ -- I'd never have those pansy-looking taillights on my truck!)

Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worked on the front end a little

Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
bdjordan

Got my hughes pelnum kit, Intake gaskets, O2 sensor and thermostat in the mail today. Walked out and put them in the back seat. Taking to local mechanic Possibly to get done on saturday. I can't wait for this step to be complete. Next comes the gears and Auburn Locker.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Nikato

Got the passenger side speaker fixed so my sound is good. I want to replace the dinky little road master i have in the back that my rear speaker wires are plugged into (http://roadmasterusa.com/product.php?p=RTS3000T) But I am not sure with what. Want some bass but not very good with wiring.

Also cleaned out the truck (first time really since i got it) and did some detailing. Probably going to drive it down by the ocean if the weather is nice and just enjoy my ride.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Then I picked up my mail where a Bully tailgate lock was waiting for me, and installed that before returning home. That'll keep the tailgate thieves moving right along looking for easier pickings.
Hopefully they don't have a battery powered dremel on them.
That's a cool lock though, I just have the handle lock and if someone was determined then they could just snap the handle and squeeze the bars together to open the tailgate.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:01 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Hopefully they don't have a battery powered dremel on them.
That's a cool lock though, I just have the handle lock and if someone was determined then they could just snap the handle and squeeze the bars together to open the tailgate.

we dont have that problem around here, though my hard top covers my tailgate so im good there, even if i didnt have the hard top i cant open my tailgate because of the damage from the wreck. the adjuster for the other ins. company is supposed to check it out today, so we'll see what happens there, i know since they will be payin for a rental vehicle, im just gonna let them fix it. maybe i can get into a new challenger for a few days? =) haha, i wish...well maybe, who knows.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?