2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FireDodge
Last night I decided to break something in my nice newly rebuilt rearend >

Been too pissed to take off the cover, but from what it was doing it seems like I busted the spider gears in the LSD. We'll see in a few days when I can get it to the shop again...
Dude, that does sucketh! You just had the new r&p put in right? If so....possibly it was a improper install as the culprit? Busted LSD is typically just the c-clips on the clutch plates. Just lookin' to hope you are covered....

Hit the snow road again today, but in the daylight. It was expected to see more rigs up there. This is a paved road that does not get plowed during the winter. So people just drive up at their own risk to wheel, sled, camp, atv, snowmobile, hike, etc. Typically a offroad club acts as snow patrol to assist and pull vehicles out upon getting stuck. As well as all vehicle = 0 for those that enter to those that exit.

Only went about 12 miles of the 20 miles in. The grades caused too many stackups for people, which just jams up the road. So it wasn't worth watching/waiting/etc.

So for your snow pleasure, a slideshow. I did have to pull out a fellow 2nd Gen 4x4 Sport though. He was running bald street tires and slipped into the ditch on low side of a grade. I pulled him out as I was going down.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Nice.

I don't think we got that much snow the entire winter........ been in the 70's the last several days here.....

Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
PapaG
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck I haven't seen that much snow in several winters combined! lol. It's high 70's here today. Nice pics, does look like fun!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put the plow away for the winter.... mine is sitting next to my neighbors 2011 fisher 7.5 sd, the plows sit at the back of his garage, in front of his 2011 srt8 challenger.
Name:  IMG_20120316_120528.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  196.8 KB

also...... i got this delivered by ups today! gonna install it tomorrow!
Name:  IMG_20120319_190618.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  274.3 KB

Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
stewie01
Legend

Done plowing already? This winter has seemed a bit milder then the last few hasn't it?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finished sanding roof - in the rain. Since I was wet sanding, figured it couldn't hurt! Washed it down and put back in garage. WIll look tomorrow to make sure I didn't miss any spots, but can't paint until weekend...maybe. Gotta travel again for woirk for the rest of the week......grrrrr.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Finished sanding roof - in the rain. Since I was wet sanding, figured it couldn't hurt! Washed it down and put back in garage. WIll look tomorrow to make sure I didn't miss any spots, but can't paint until weekend...maybe. Gotta travel again for woirk for the rest of the week......grrrrr.
That stinks! Can't wait to see the paint on it! I'll drive mine down after I do the body work this summer.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Done plowing already? This winter has seemed a bit milder then the last few hasn't it?
i bought the plow on like january 30th, 2012. and literally only used it twice, for the 2 day march snow storm event we had. now i have about a whole truck bed full of loam to move off my lawn after ripping apart my walk-way, and part of my lawn. i hate late season storms!

next season im praying for a good one, because ill have another little rascal running, well crawling around. the girl is due september 7th! im hoping for a boy, but she wants a girl, and we get in debates over it all the time..... haha

Old 03-19-2012, 08:59 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Built a hub adapter for my spare tire hold down.

Did a bit more buffing on the radiator cover.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:54 AM
PapaG
Veteran

I started on my plenum project yesterday so having all kinds of fun myself. Actually it wouldn't be so bad if I could just work at it constantly but started on it yesterday for a while and then got in a few hours today. Hopefully the kids will let me have a little more time tomorrow to work on it. Doing the plenum, water pump, timing set, a few other odds and ends while I'm at it. Will post a full write up with pics when I'm done.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?