2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my left hand crushed between my rear bumper and trailer tongue today, trailer weighing about 1,200# at the time. Manned up and finished out the work day and then headed to the hospital only to have a heat stroke 2 blocks away. By the time i got through the ER doors i could barely walk and was on the verge of collapsing and passing out. After some ice packs and IV i feel much better except for this badly smashed hand. X-ray was clean no breaks but it has lots of muscle, tendob, and soft tissue damage. Ill post some pics tomorrow. When i was asked why i didnt get my hand out sooner i reponded "My bumper is still dent free." lol

Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
I got my left hand crushed between my rear bumper and trailer tongue today, trailer weighing about 1,200# at the time. Manned up and finished out the work day and then headed to the hospital only to have a heat stroke 2 blocks away. By the time i got through the ER doors i could barely walk and was on the verge of collapsing and passing out. After some ice packs and IV i feel much better except for this badly smashed hand. X-ray was clean no breaks but it has lots of muscle, tendob, and soft tissue damage. Ill post some pics tomorrow. When i was asked why i didnt get my hand out sooner i reponded "My bumper is still dent free." lol
It's all about priorities.

Sorry bout that man, hope your hand recovers quickly.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good save on the bumnper! Hand will heal....right?

(Glad it wasn't worse.)

Old 07-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Quad, I feel like you haven't been having the best of luck as of late... That sucks about the van/bungee. Make sure to show us how it cleans up
^^^ This.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 AM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

good luck on a speedy recovery

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
dlyter09
Champion

On the way home from the bar a friend with a chevy convinced me to destroy my rear tires.. They were still pretty much brand new but now not so much lol

Old 07-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Mopar069

Replaced heater core and a/c evap today. Also fixed recirculation door while it was apart. Screw backed out and was laying in the blower.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 PM
gdstock
Legend

Fixed small drip at trans line to radiator.....worked on another project most of the day - teaching a kid to do U Joints, carrier bearing and brakes on his project truck. (he learned that you can destroy a new U joint in a 20 ton press if you get in a hurry!)

Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Fixed small drip at trans line to radiator.....worked on another project most of the day - teaching a kid to do U Joints, carrier bearing and brakes on his project truck. (he learned that you can destroy a new U joint in a 20 ton press if you get in a hurry!)
You can destroy a lot more then just a U Joint in a 20 ton press. Better be glad it wasn't his hand......

Old 07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Or his sister.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?