2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mopar or Hughes Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talked to richard a few minutes ago. hes crunching some numbers, and giving me a call back with exact specs. ill update yall in a bit.

ok, just got off the phone with him.... cam specs are as followed. .206, .212 @ .050, .488 .512, 110 lsa. he recommends using the airgap, over the m1. but guess whos not going to listen to that one... ME! also, he said that the stock length pushrods couldn be used with non adjustables, and that id have to check length.

so all you aftermarket cam users.... did you use stock length pushrods with either the stock rockers, or 1.6 non adjustables?

Last edited by redneck_ram; 01-24-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did he provide any explanation why he recommends the Air Gap over M1?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
Did he provide any explanation why he recommends the Air Gap over M1?
he said it was because it was a dual plane, which is better for low end.... complete opposite from everything ive heard. hes a hughes dealer, so of course hes gonna try to sell their product.

im still gonna go with the m1. still trying to figure out the pushrod length issue though.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
talked to richard a few minutes ago. hes crunching some numbers, and giving me a call back with exact specs. ill update yall in a bit.

ok, just got off the phone with him.... cam specs are as followed. .206, .212 @ .050, .488 .512, 110 lsa. he recommends using the airgap, over the m1. but guess whos not going to listen to that one... ME! also, he said that the stock length pushrods couldn be used with non adjustables, and that id have to check length.

so all you aftermarket cam users.... did you use stock length pushrods with either the stock rockers, or 1.6 non adjustables?
Here's my specs via Summit. Use it for reference as I can't find picture of my actual SPEC Sheet when it arrived.

I only got new Crane Lifters, but should have got new OEM lifters. Everything else is stock drivetrain. Awaiting for later changes....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-704121/

Edit: http://www.race-mart.com/Crane_Cams-416554.html

Last edited by Wh1t3NuKle; 01-24-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added race mart link
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Lobe Separation (degrees): 114

That looks a lot friendlier for a street cam... although, advertised power range starts at 1500..... hhmmm......

Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Here's my specs via Summit. Use it for reference as I can't find picture of my actual SPEC Sheet when it arrived.

I only got new Crane Lifters, but should have got new OEM lifters. Everything else is stock drivetrain. Awaiting for later changes....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-704121/

Edit: http://www.race-mart.com/Crane_Cams-416554.html
good to know, i can just buy stock replacements! he says the cam will be a great low end torque cam. we shall see.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Lobe Separation (degrees): 114

That looks a lot friendlier for a street cam... although, advertised power range starts at 1500..... hhmmm......
i completely agree... richard seems to know what hes talking about. i told him i needed power and torque down low for plowing and towing. so thats what he came up with. new heads with heaviers springs, new pushrods, and lifters. going with an m1 with a 50mm tb. decided against the 52mm tb. of course im going to sean for the tune.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
RedRocket2000
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
A gusstimate would be 20hp+ but add other mods and that number will go up. I forgot you are in Canada your looking at a $600 bill for all the intake stuff. I hope you have a good friendship with a dodge dealer parts guy, if you do that will help lot's!!!!!!

Your at 25 posts fill out your truck info please.
I thought i did my truck info but i guess not haha. When i was going to do my manifold i was gonna do my plugs, cap, and wires. Then throw on my cold air and spacer. Then maybe a tuner and then save up for a cam. Anything i shoul do before the cam or what haha

Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah use the tb spacer as a paper weight. Thats all its good for.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

@ redneck Richard is blowing smoke up you butt, I would not run that cam for what you do. Next you will need hardened push rods of stock length. Me I would suggest to you that you use the same cam as WN it's a great cam and fits your needs to a tee, and would save you money on not needing other parts. Mopar performance roller lifter's can be bought for $115 and work just fine. With that cam that WN is using you can even add 1.7 later on and not need anymore parts as it keeps thing under the springs specs. My web is super ify with all this snow we got last night but I will try to respond better later today, I wrote this three times lol.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocket2000
I thought i did my truck info but i guess not haha. When i was going to do my manifold i was gonna do my plugs, cap, and wires. Then throw on my cold air and spacer. Then maybe a tuner and then save up for a cam. Anything i shoul do before the cam or what haha
Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Yeah use the tb spacer as a paper weight. Thats all its good for.

Oh NO! The TB spacer again..... Help Me!

Quick Reply: Mopar or Hughes Manifold?