2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans Check Valve Delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:55 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by ZipperStar
Thanks man. Are you comfortable giving me the contact information for someone close to this site, so that I can purchase a PCM from them. If not I understand you may not be comfortable with that. You can certainly give my contact information to anybody, I am fine with that..I'm trying to find a scanner that might work that I can actually pay for. The > Launch X-431 Creader CR-619 < that's all for just the one model, seems like it might give me a helping hand with evap issues and such..
I can recommend scanners, what's your budget?

Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM
ZipperStar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I can recommend scanners, what's your budget?
I need a PCM first, I'll check where I feel it might exist on this forum. I can truly only go around $400.00 cash for a scanner. I know it wont be bidirectional, however I should be able to get something that will help me along some for that. There's just too many out there, and the reviews mostly are from non tech's trying to save money.
Certainly, if you have some ideas in that price range for this 99 at least, and it will no doubt not be limited just to Durango.
THX.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Hhhhmmmm...... I can't come up with the vendor we had here a while back.... They seem to have fallen off the face of the planet.... So.... next best suggestion would be get one from a local parts store. Then, if there is a problem, you can talk to someone face to face.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:05 PM
miztrniceguy

I ordered the hose you linked to from Autozone. It arrived with the tube line that goes all the way back to the tranny

Old 02-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Hollie Brown

Originally Posted by xray99
Ok, never mind the bands then. I had reservations about that already from browsing here. A new pressure hose, 3 sensors and a fluid change is enough for one go.
If it still slips and surges, guess I'll have to take it in to get diagnosed anyhow, and all I'll lose is $40 in fluid and gasket if I just need the bands adjusted.
Its a high mileage 96 1500, it did have the trans rebuilt in 2000 or so ,,, But I gotta admit, if my trans was a kid I'd be in jail for child abuse, you guys would wince at the details, I am shocked I can still even go around the block.
I have seen the error of my ways, and am now exchanging harsh, uncaring abuse for mushy TLC ,,, Only time will tell if the trans god will smile or frown upon me for my transgressions.

I put an add on craigslist seeing if there were any backyard tranny mechanics who know what they are doing looking to make a little easy $$, the replies I got were not encouraging. One guy said "just tighten it up good, then back it off 1 and1/4", when I asked if he had any particular torque specs in mind, he said "torque specs not needed".
Maybe hes good enough to hotshot it with success, I'll never know.
no he is correct i always use a paint marker to so i know when Ive made a full turn this also makes it easier to gauge 1/2 and 1/4 turns

Old 02-03-2021, 02:28 PM
Hollie Brown

there are a series of videos on youtube on rebuilding the 46re model tranny it goes through everything step by step including torque specs and band adjustments check it out its from transmission bench.com

Old 03-01-2021, 04:49 AM
Robert Wilbur

Originally Posted by gonehuntin817
where is the temp sensor located on a 96 dodge ram 1500 4x4?

Drivers side furthest front line leaving 47re within 8" of transmission . 2 wires . Jumping with 1k resister will bypass. But knowing trans is hot is more important

Old 03-01-2021, 07:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Robert Wilbur
Drivers side furthest front line leaving 47re within 8" of transmission . 2 wires . Jumping with 1k resister will bypass. But knowing trans is hot is more important
Nope. 96 and up, the temp sensor is part of the governor pressure sensor.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:44 PM
johnnynitenson

Originally Posted by MonteC
Ah, found your pm, you were the guy that added lucas. PM replied.
Could I also look at this message? I am having the same issue as Monte

Old 10-25-2022, 10:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by johnnynitenson
Could I also look at this message? I am having the same issue as Monte
That post was from 14 years ago. MonteC hasn't been around for several years..... don't expect a response.

Quick Reply: Trans Check Valve Delete