2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

R46h Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,279 Likes on 3,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Letsfixit
THIS IS ABOUT MY CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR...
I checked on the genuine Mopar part and it's like $100 more expensive than a non-mopar part... Would it be a wise decision to be out the extra $100 or I need some input on this one.
You can find them cheaper on places like amazon, or ebay. Just search by the mopar part number. (rock auto might even be able to get them.) But yes, you WANT the genuine mopar sensor. They actually work right. The same cannot be said for the aftermarket fellers.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:31 PM
Letsfixit
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay yeah I found one on RockAuto it's not a Mopar but I would love to send you the details on it it gives a you know it's a statement about how good it is and and all of it's qualities and I would like to post that if it's okay to show you everything it says about it RockAuto doesn't have for that application a genuine Mopar part but in this part is it's 40 bucks compared to you know the others are anywhere from 9 to 15 bucks and this and here's a $40 part from RockAuto if I may I would love to send you the details on it and let you give me some input on that

Old 04-27-2021, 06:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Post a link to the part?

Old 04-27-2021, 06:35 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

This is the one I mentioned before I don't know what protocol is about posting advertisements from other companies but I just wanted you to read the details about the quality of this piece.. oh wow I am not sure how to post a link I don't want to mess things up here.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

No worries. I asked you to post it, can't really fault you for that. That, and we don't sell anything here.

Delphi is good though. That *should* work....... No direct experience though.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:49 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

Okay yeah I like to say I wasn't trying to promote it or or advertise for RockAuto cuz everybody knows about RockAuto anyway I think but yeah I didn't know how to post a link directly to that part so that's why I sent that I sent that photo anyway I guess I'll go ahead and order that piece then just to be sure and again I appreciate your input it's greatly appreciated. Still haven't got my transmission back yet but he said he's going to get to it. Thank you again.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Good Luck.

Old 04-27-2021, 06:55 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

TY... I think it's all going to work out real well mostly due to all the professional advice and instruction I received from this forum.. I will keep you posted thanks again!

Old 05-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

Well, you ain't gonna believe this...you see I put 4 quart's in the tranny on the way home. I really thought that may have been the problem when I first bought it. Well turns out the back part of the case was cracked and he told me that to crack it usually was when they're run low on fluid and causes extreme heat. I only drove it about 4 MI to the auto supply so apparently when the problem first started when the Old gentleman had it I don't know how long he drove it that low. My transmission man didn't know this so I took him at his word about it it seemed logical. However we finally found another case empty case but it's going to cost me another $200. Oh well $1,200 with a one year warranty and I R&R it. Who knew the thing was priceless and rare as a $3 bill.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Indeed. As many of them that are out there, you would think they would be easy to come by.... But, apparently, they make hens teeth look downright common.

Quick Reply: R46h Rebuild