2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

R46h Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 06:12 PM
Letsfixit
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To say the least.. I did find another one at a salvage lot with 90-day warning for $500 seriously been thinking about getting it as an investment kind of like Bitcoin. $250 investment in Bitcoin 9 years ago worth 53,000 now don't know if that transmission will ever be worth that but it probably be worth more than 500 in another 10 years looks like Dodge trucks going to last forever this one here what 94 got to be 27 years old

Old 05-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

My CASE is on the LEFT... the case we come up with is on the RIGHT... The only difference that my rebuilder and I can see is in the starter area. I'm taking my starter by there tomorrow and he said it should work if my starter were bolt up. As usual I'm seeking input from the pros on this forum.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:25 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Letsfixit

My CASE is on the LEFT... the case we come up with is on the RIGHT... The only difference that my rebuilder and I can see is in the starter area. I'm taking my starter by there tomorrow and he said it should work if my starter were bolt up. As usual I'm seeking input from the pros on this forum.
Looks the same and according to my CAD software it will bolt up

Old 05-12-2021, 09:46 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

AWESOME...TY SO MUCH.... it's been a trial. Tomorrow he can start putting it together. ​​​​

Old 05-12-2021, 10:29 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

AWESOME...TY SO MUCH.... it's been a trial. Tomorrow he can start putting it together. ​​​​
Didn't hurt to double check though as programs have been wrong before and I can belt operate the program lol

Old 05-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

Absolutely I'll post some more tomorrow when I get there and find out for sure we're going to check the dust cover too... I appreciate you guys to know when I couldn't have got this far without any of you... And I'm certainly not through yet. Can't thank you all enough!

Old 05-12-2021, 11:39 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Absolutely I'll post some more tomorrow when I get there and find out for sure we're going to check the dust cover too... I appreciate you guys to know when I couldn't have got this far without any of you... And I'm certainly not through yet. Can't thank you all enough!
I'm happy to help!

Old 05-13-2021, 01:04 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

Check this out...MY TRANSMISSION was the one on the "RIGHT SIDE" of the photo...WHICH, my REBUILDER said was a 4 WHEEL DRIVE FRONT CASE, and the area I NOTED in the photo was ACTUALLY for a BRACKET in the 4WD APPLICATION. So that being said... The transmission on the left side of the photo is actually the new case and by the way everything fits perfectly. So at some point during the life of the truck the transmission was as the previous owner said rebuilt one time obviously they changed it out with a four wheel drive case anyway I believe everything's going to work. I forgot to take a photo of what was broke inside my old case but I will do that I mean it got a hunk of a chunk of gone out of the back piece where the tail piece bolts on it on the inside.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Check this out...MY TRANSMISSION was the one on the "RIGHT SIDE" of the photo...WHICH, my REBUILDER said was a 4 WHEEL DRIVE FRONT CASE, and the area I NOTED in the photo was ACTUALLY for a BRACKET in the 4WD APPLICATION. So that being said... The transmission on the left side of the photo is actually the new case and by the way everything fits perfectly. So at some point during the life of the truck the transmission was as the previous owner said rebuilt one time obviously they changed it out with a four wheel drive case anyway I believe everything's going to work. I forgot to take a photo of what was broke inside my old case but I will do that I mean it got a hunk of a chunk of gone out of the back piece where the tail piece bolts on it on the inside.
That doesn't make sense as the 2wd and 4wd is the same

Old 05-13-2021, 01:12 PM
Letsfixit
Professional

The one on the right is my old case you can see the piece that was broke on the inside but this piece on the bottom side that I have circled that's what he was saying was for a bracket on a four-wheel drive application the transmission on the left doesn't have that. Myself I don't know I haven't got a clue this is my first Dodge.

Quick Reply: R46h Rebuild