Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
so now he's gotta go through all the alpha that you went through? this is gonna be a while...
Not necessarily, since they learned plenty during this alpha testing phase. 04/05 have a completely different OS and it's much more difficult. They can't use the same architecture for 07-08. Bottom line, you wouldn't want to run it during alpha anyway.

Sil

Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Not necessarily, since they learned plenty during this alpha testing phase. 04/05 have a completely different OS and it's much more difficult. They can't use the same architecture for 07-08. Bottom line, you wouldn't want to run it during alpha anyway.

Sil
Are they going to release the 07-08 programming when it is ready or are they going to hold off releasing it until all years are ready?

Old 08-21-2009, 07:46 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

oh I don't want to be testing the alpha, but alpha just starting means even more waiting. I was told a month or more ago saying it would be in about a week...

Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

oh I don't want to be testing the alpha, but alpha just starting means even more waiting. I was told a month or more ago saying it would be in about a week...
I was told earlier this month that by the end of August the programming would be released. To me that means this new alpha testing is going to have to move along very fast in order to meet that deadline.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:57 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

man i wanted to do beta testing in the summer and now i start school monday...

Old 08-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
man i wanted to do beta testing in the summer and now i start school monday...
I had hoped that it would be out before I had to go back to work but now it doesn't look like that is going to happen

Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

We had a few bumps in the road. One bump you and others wouldn't have been too happy about. Thankfully it was me who had the bump.

This is a very complicated process. There is so much code they have to go through and as we all know, the Dodge PCM/TCM is extremely difficult to handle. If it weren't, everyone would have the transmission functions right now. Patience buddy. When it happens for you, you'll be more than pleased.

Sil

Old 08-21-2009, 08:43 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I was told earlier this month that by the end of August the programming would be released. To me that means this new alpha testing is going to have to move along very fast in order to meet that deadline.
You're correct, but time lines change. We hit a bump. One that was serious enough to test some more and then some more. I understand people want it now, but they won't release until they're absolutely sure beta testers are beta testing, not alpha testing. Just give it some more time. In the end, the wait won't mean a thing. The option is that good.

Sil

Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Are they going to release the 07-08 programming when it is ready or are they going to hold off releasing it until all years are ready?
Not sure about that Jason. It may come in waves. I haven't heard anything concrete yet. 04/05 is next.

Sil

Old 08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Curious, what kind of "bump" was it? How severe?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates