Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Alpheus
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He got the same point across I was trying to make,just a hell of allot more eloquently. I guess that's why he makes the big bucks...

What is a koozies???

Old 05-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Stormin264
Professional

This is a little off subject but still SC related. I've asked this before and got no answer. How come I can hook up my SC Cortex 3950 to my computer every few days, once a week, whatever and something is updated?

What is updating and how can I find out?

Do I need to 'retune' my truck every time the programmer is updated?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Stormin264
Professional

guess everyone is partying hard this weekend. enjoy!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Stormin264
This is a little off subject but still SC related. I've asked this before and got no answer. How come I can hook up my SC Cortex 3950 to my computer every few days, once a week, whatever and something is updated?

What is updating and how can I find out?

Do I need to 'retune' my truck every time the programmer is updated?
You really don't need to re-tune.

Normally database releases add vehicle calibrations that aren't supported. Some databases can contain upgrades. Firmware upgrades will add functionality (example: options) or fixes. Normally you'll see these upgrades posted here or in the Flashpaq forum.

Having said that, I update my tuner all the time. I just don't re-tune, unless I know there's something in there for my truck.

Sil

Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
all of 75
Veteran
This may have been asked before, but, what is the difference between the 3815 Flashpaq and the 3865? I heard it was just the housing.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:23 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All,
I'm new on the forum, but have had my 03 Ram 1500 since new. It is a STX-Hemi with Flowmaster duals, Larmie leather interior, rear lowered 2", 08 OEM 20" chrome wheels/285-50. K&N filter. The truck is always a lot of fun. My nieghbor introduced me to SC turner and I have been playing with my own 3865 for about two weeks. The truck really responded to the performance tune. But now I have been getting an Engine Check light indicating a "high fuel sensor level" the fuel gauge stops working and drops to it's lefthand stop and I get a bell for low fuel. Turn the ignition off and back on, the fuel gauge comes back alive and the "engine check" light stays on. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so what was the fix?
Thanks,

Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Hello All,
I'm new on the forum, but have had my 03 Ram 1500 since new. It is a STX-Hemi with Flowmaster duals, Larmie leather interior, rear lowered 2", 08 OEM 20" chrome wheels/285-50. K&N filter. The truck is always a lot of fun. My nieghbor introduced me to SC turner and I have been playing with my own 3865 for about two weeks. The truck really responded to the performance tune. But now I have been getting an Engine Check light indicating a "high fuel sensor level" the fuel gauge stops working and drops to it's lefthand stop and I get a bell for low fuel. Turn the ignition off and back on, the fuel gauge comes back alive and the "engine check" light stays on. Has anyone had a similar experience? If so what was the fix?
Thanks,
Is the tuner up to date? Do you have this issue when running the stock file? If you haven't tried yet, run it in stock for awhile and see if it happens.

Sil

Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Default Check engine light

Make sense, My 3865 is current. I disconnected the battery for a fresh boot while I changed the oil today. I'll give that a chance and if I get the the "Check Engine" again I'll reload the stock profile.

Thanks,

Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

To celebrate the 6 month anniversary of the start of the original thread about the new superchips options, I am shipping off my flashpaq and trading up to a DSP. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the deal goes through, wish me luck.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Upgrade always sounds good to me.
Huh, what's a DSP?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates