Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
jdfisher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
nicely put frog. i knew i could count on a good write up from you
I second that. Frog, your set up is basicly what i am looking for, no bog, crisp shifts and more time in the power of the engine.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

I took the truck out tonight with George's PT UP/DN Shift Schedule. DN shifts now happen immediately! Immediate DN shifts absolutely ROCK! Well done George!

Sil

Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Will it be possible to tune the truck only with the trans tweaks and leave the engine out of it? i.e. an 89 tune? I don't care at all for the engine mods, but obviously want the trans mods.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
I took the truck out tonight with George's PT UP/DN Shift Schedule. DN shifts now happen immediately! Immediate DN shifts absolutely ROCK! Well done George!

Sil
Is his shift schedule posted somewhere? I think I missed it somewhere along the line if it is.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
gish71
Amateur

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
Will it be possible to tune the truck only with the trans tweaks and leave the engine out of it? i.e. an 89 tune? I don't care at all for the engine mods, but obviously want the trans mods.
X2

It would be a nice option to be able to just tune the trans (esp with the new options) and leave the engine stock. For some of us, from what I read and my truck's experience, the engine tunes dont respond very well.

Suggestion

Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Eaton

Originally Posted by SilsHemi

Sil
X2, I'm running the same shift schedule, and it is amazing! The great thing about the reduced TM, is not that the shifts are "neck-snapping" firm, it's the fact that the shifts are VERY fast. The truck literally keeps pulling through the shift, which is what we all want. You no longer have the "sling-shot" shift where the truck has a momentary pause before snapping into the next gear; this is most notable under WOT shifts.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know where in the process the 04-05 testing is at?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
As of now, no. You can run the 87 tune or any of the other tunes with the transmission tuning.

Sil

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
ThunderedRod
Rookie

How about an ETA on the 06s???? All this talk about shifting and power is making me inpatient!!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Is his shift schedule posted somewhere?
Not yet. We're testing it among the beta testers for now. What would be nice, if we could come up with some kind of baseline schedule and folks can have somewhere to start. The program will have a learning curve for sure, but with a schedule to start off with may be helpful. Thing is, we have to see how it functions on all the beta trucks. For all intents and purposes, calibrations and settings must be exact for two trucks to have the same settings (TP%'s and MPH).

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates