Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
The main issue was space in the 3815 Flashpaq. Once we begin pushing heavy into the trans options the way people have been asking for them we realized recently that these and any future options are going to require alot more memory than the 3815 has.

Now before you go medieval on us, ask yourself in today’s consumer electronics age and with the advances in speed, memory, and design, how long does a technology and/or device last before it’s leapfrogged for a new product? How old is a flat panel TV (compared to a 27” CRT)? How old is your cell phone, your laptop or desktop PC, or your your MP3 / iPod?

Compare the functions of an iPod Touch to an iPod a few years ago - they are light years apart. Or, compare a new car to one four or five years old – the advances are stunning... and you’re seeing that from Superchips.

Superchips is not intentionally hanging 3815 owners out to dry here. At some point we must invest in the latest technology and apply our corporate resources to those technologies to aide us in continuing to provide you with the kinds of options that are being requested by our consumers.

We are trying our best to make the change over easy for everyone by offering a buy back program that allows you to affordably upgrade to the new technology when you’re ready.

Thanks for your support.

Scott
I COMPLETELY understand hardware being outdated, 100%. I was surprised the flashpaq held on this long, but that's not the point. The point is that SC (unofficially) marketed the trans options (through Sil, Tom, and yourself) and got people to buy the 3815 because of them, myself and AF as examples.
Again, I understand the hardware being old, and understand not being able to fully update it, but how about a warning, or even just not doing the opposite and giving us the impression that the 3815 will do what we want?! I agree that SC is doing something most companies wouldn't do by offering a buy back program, but that's in order after making sales with arguable marketing. You gotta come up with something for the 3815. Obviously the full package won't work, but how about ditching the useless XS tune and at least giving some increased functionality?

Old 07-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

The engineer stated to me that the 3815 board does not have the computing capacity to run this option even if we removed X or Y options to make space.

Scott

Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I understand the disappointment the 3815 guys are feeling, but SC is being very generous in offering this buy back program. I doubt the other companies out there would even consider such a thing.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
The engineer stated to me that the 3815 board does not have the computing capacity to run this option even if we removed X or Y options to make space.

Scott
not to be a pain, but ask the engineer how SC tweaks the trans right now. Then ask him if he can make those parameters a little bit more aggressive and make that set of parameters an option. It may not be able to handle user adjusted custom trans tunes, but I refuse to believe that you can not add anything to the 3815. If it can handle diagnostics, 0-60s, 1/4 miles, A/F ratiosetc.., it can handle tweaking the trans a little more.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

"Compare the functions of an iPod Touch to an iPod a few years ago - they are light years apart." Just like the guy 3-4 posts above me stated...we understand that stuff gets out dated...but iPod never suggested to people that they can put software on the particular phone they bought and then failed to actually make that happen. I will ask once and only once before never buying a Superchips product again...EXACTLY how much will it cost to do the buy back program?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tamuccmike
"Compare the functions of an iPod Touch to an iPod a few years ago - they are light years apart." Just like the guy 3-4 posts above me stated...we understand that stuff gets out dated...but iPod never suggested to people that they can put software on the particular phone they bought and then failed to actually make that happen. I will ask once and only once before never buying a Superchips product again...EXACTLY how much will it cost to do the buy back program?
Probably $150+...can't see them doing it any cheaper.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I am sure they will be letting us know how the buy back program works very soon.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

Ohhhhh, I'm willing to bet it will cost more than that...I can't see them knocking off more than about $50 off the tuner...and how much is it...like $325 or so...just go ahead and get ready for the answer...bend it on over...buy some vaseline, and make your sphincter relax as much as possible...

Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
snowhill

Can flashpaq 3815 do 0-60 time? Or is it only in cortex and the new flashpaq?

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE NEWS ABOUT MY FLASHPAQ 3815
I WANT THIS TRAN OPTION
IT BETTER BE CHEAP BUY BACK

Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tamuccmike
Ohhhhh, I'm willing to bet it will cost more than that...I can't see them knocking off more than about $50 off the tuner...and how much is it...like $325 or so...just go ahead and get ready for the answer...bend it on over...buy some vaseline, and make your sphincter relax as much as possible...
ahhhahaha....$150 is about what you'd have to throw into the pot if you outright sold your 3815 ($200-250) and bought a 3865 or whatever it is. Asking more than that wouldn't make sense for the buyer to even participate. The buy back is actually a good idea for SC. They get your money and your 3815...then they can go and sell it if they wanted to so they're not losing anything really.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates