Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an informative post Mark (MDSBigPaPa) made on another forum in reference to the shift schedule options. Mark has been doing an awesome job during the beta!

The shift schedule options will include *all* part throttle shifts (1-4 up and 2-5 dn) for years 04-08 and eventually 09. The post below by Mark kind of gives you an overview of the PT program.

"These are the Shift Schedules currently in beta:

Shift Schedule
Low Shift Schedule
ODrive Off Shift Schedule

Each of the three shift schedule above allows you to select tuning options for:

Shift Up
Shift Down

Each of these tuning options has three options to choose from:

Superchips - Proprietary shift points but, much, much better than Stock
User - User adjustable shift points - i.e. You choose what's best for your truck
Stock

Once you've chosen the User tuning option you can adjust the shift points for:

Shift 1 up
Shift 2 up
Shift 2p up
Shift 3 up
Shift 4 up
Shift 5 dn
Shift 4 dn
Shift 3 dn
Shift 2p dn
Shift 2 dn

And finally each shift point has several choices (based on your truck's calibration table) of % Throttle and MPH combination.

So, yes, you can choose to use Superchips or take the default values for User and enjoy a much better ride. Are the defaults the *best* for your truck? Maybe so, maybe not, as each truck's calibration tables may vary so what may work well for you may not work as well for someone else."

Sil

Old 10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, can't wait to get my hands on all those options.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by dunerider650
i trust SC
I agree. Trust is a very important attribute.

I communicate with the engineer frequently. He knows more about the Ram computer then anyone in the tuning world. He's methodical and careful when writing code. The product has taken awhile, but when it's released it will be a complete product that works. You won't have one year without support and other years with incomplete up/dn shifts. We'll get it all at once and it will work properly, which is going to be very cool. It's an awesome program right now for the 07-08 folks that are testing it. Everyone's patience will be rewarded. Folks are going to be pleased.

Sil

Old 10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by Animal Mother
Is there any difference between the Cortex and 3865?
Functionally they are the same. The Cortex supports a much wider range of vehicles; there's one for Ford, one for GM, one for Chrysler... and it has additional warranty options that the Flashpaq doesn't.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

How is beta testing coming along? Is the beta testing for 07-08 almost complete? Are the 04-05 guys getting their beta tunes soon?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Stormin264
Professional

I guess this is mostly directed at Sil or the Superchips guy thats on here some. Not trying to get a specific date or anything, but based on your experience with the testing schedules and how long it takes to implement the changes, can you give us a ballpark on the updates being ready for the '05 group? 6 mos? 1 year? longer. I promised I wont throw it back at you if its incorrect..lol. Just new to SC world and curious. Thanks

Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

indefinite

Old 10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
indefinite
Don't like the sound of that

Old 10-13-2009, 12:51 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
indefinite
Nope. That would mean it's going to take forever or never happen. This isn't the case.

Right now 04 is being tested in house. This is a difficult year, but the engineer is making progress. The last 07-08 beta was very good. Now he's focused on the year no one seems to be able to handle. When it's released, everything will be there for all years. This will not be a, where's my 04 support or where are my additional up/dn shifts release. It's going to be complete for all years.

After the change in business plans (custom tuning) that happened a few years ago, Superchips is sensitive about making promises they can't deliver. Waiting is difficult, but the wait will produce a complete product for all.

Sil

Old 10-13-2009, 02:19 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Stormin264
I guess this is mostly directed at Sil or the Superchips guy thats on here some. Not trying to get a specific date or anything, but based on your experience with the testing schedules and how long it takes to implement the changes, can you give us a ballpark on the updates being ready for the '05 group? 6 mos? 1 year? longer. I promised I wont throw it back at you if its incorrect..lol. Just new to SC world and curious. Thanks
Firstly, awesome looking truck!

I can't give you an ETA in relation to the transmission options. Since 04-08 have different computer operating systems, it's a challenge to mesh this on the same update platform. I can tell you it's going well and the program will be a complete one when it's released.

All the beta testers are enjoying it, so I'm confident Dodge Ram owners like yourself will be pleased with the final product.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates