Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
18hp/26 tq doesn't really explain what happens when the trans stop screwing you out of the power band!
You are so right.

Sil

Old 10-31-2009, 07:15 PM
matthet

i'm really lookin forward to that!
how about ther edline change, anyone got experience with that, i'm all for improvements, but i'm not lookin to shorten the life of my truck

Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
matthet

well i just got my 3865 in. WOW, this thing really works!
my mpg has definitely gone up, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are awesome at WOT. there's noticeable (nothing amazing) power increase!

couple of questions: does the flashpaq automatically account for the CAI and Cat back i have, or can i tell it?
secondly, i changed my tire size, sidewall says 33" but it measured 32", i told the tuner 32" i'm guessin that was right, i don't see it expanding an inch due to centrifugal force when driving
lastly, what are people setting as their redline, i'm at 5900 i think, so holler out what other folks are running.
and does anyone have any tricks or tips they've found useful in gettin the most out of there SC? my truck is an '03 2500 4x4 QC Hemi

Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by matthet
well i just got my 3865 in. WOW, this thing really works!
my mpg has definitely gone up, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are awesome at WOT. there's noticeable (nothing amazing) power increase!

couple of questions: does the flashpaq automatically account for the CAI and Cat back i have, or can i tell it?
secondly, i changed my tire size, sidewall says 33" but it measured 32", i told the tuner 32" i'm guessin that was right, i don't see it expanding an inch due to centrifugal force when driving
lastly, what are people setting as their redline, i'm at 5900 i think, so holler out what other folks are running.
and does anyone have any tricks or tips they've found useful in gettin the most out of there SC? my truck is an '03 2500 4x4 QC Hemi
The PCM will learn about your changes with the new tune. You'll have to give it a little time, usually a hundred miles or so.

I set my Moose with the following but, mine are set up for daily driving and not for racing as my beast is a bit heavy to race :
Rev Limiter: 6250
Speed Limiter: 140
WOT 1-2: 5700
WOT 2-3: 5750

Tire size should be measured from the ground to the top of the tire in 1/4" increments.

Good luck and enjoy your new feel!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
matthet

what's the point in raising the rev limiter if the WOT shifts occur before?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

what's the point in raising the rev limiter if the WOT shifts occur before?
The object is to NOT bump up against the rev limiter and one may still bump the rev limiter in third, forth or fifth. Remember WOT is only 1-2 and 2-3 shifts or, 1 up and 2 up.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran
Exclamation

Hey, I've had the 87 octane tune, tire size adjusted, gear ratio set to 4.56 and a few other settings. I've set it back to stock and it still says tire size and/or gear ratio has been installed . . . when I go into the tuner, they all read back as stock settings. I was wondering if I disconnect the negative battery terminal and reset to comp. (while I'm installing my HID kit) will this lock out my tuner . . . or am I good to go.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
matthet

Originally Posted by mschuster
The object is to NOT bump up against the rev limiter and one may still bump the rev limiter in third, forth or fifth. Remember WOT is only 1-2 and 2-3 shifts or, 1 up and 2 up.
gotcha, just thought those WOT shift points were slightly conservative for such a high redline

i can't tune my shift points (bein an '03)
what kinda difference does the 91 tune make over the 87 tune? making sure it's worth the extra $$ in gas. i figure it advances the timing a smidge?

also, like i asked before, does the tuner sense the changes the CAI and cat back make and adjust, or do i need to go into vehicle info and designate? i didn't make it that far last night...

Old 11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by mschuster
That would be AWESOME to hit the rev limiter going into fifth! lol

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

gotcha, just thought those WOT shift points were slightly conservative for such a high redline

i can't tune my shift points (bein an '03)
what kinda difference does the 91 tune make over the 87 tune? making sure it's worth the extra $$ in gas. i figure it advances the timing a smidge?

also, like i asked before, does the tuner sense the changes the CAI and cat back make and adjust, or do i need to go into vehicle info and designate? i didn't make it that far last night...
I lean towards the conservative side only because I have a 2500 "work" truck. The 5700 - 5750 range is still in the power band maybe slightly below peak but it gives *me* the oomph *I'm* looking for. You'll find many of the 1500 guys will have their WOT settings 300-600 RPM greater. It is, after all, what *you* find best for your ride and driving style so start with these and have fun playing with the parameters.

Maybe someone else with a bit more knowledge of the tuner can answer your other questions.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates