Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no other tuning company currently offering detailed trans tuning options even remortely close to Superchips.

Scott

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
Is there any other tuning company that gives you the transmission programming for free? or vaguely divulge what their tunes do? or unlock the programmer for free?

I don't think so.

Why are you picking on Superchips?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

You can remove the programmer from one vehicle to tune another but there is not currentoption to tune multiple vehiclea at one time. I don't think any company currently offers this for Dodge apps.

Scott

Originally Posted by crash83
can any of these tuners be used on multiple trucks?
can i barrow one if my wife wont let me buy one?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
crash83
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was trying to see if i can tune it with someone elses tunner,set a program and leave it untill i can get the ok from the wife to buy my own tuner.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Ric@rdo

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
Yes, Diablo.
Do you work at Diablosport?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

That would unfortunately keep your friend from tuning his vehicle until you got your own programmer.

Scott

Originally Posted by crash83
I was trying to see if i can tune it with someone elses tunner,set a program and leave it untill i can get the ok from the wife to buy my own tuner.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you have a buddy with an SC, it's a simple process for him to return his truck to stock via the tuner and then you could install it on your truck for a "trial run".

Since '05, I've done this probably close to ten times and I know for a fact half a dozen bought one. I believe four are or were members here...

Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Honestly, I am unfamiliar with the fuel shut off option you are mentioning. I will bring the data you have provided to engineering to see what they say.

Scott
I found this while trying to find info on the top speed fuel cut off: a decel fuel cut off is included in the Gen 4 Rams. http://www.kbb.com/dodge/ram-1500-crew-cab
Not bad, only 20 years behind the Germans...

Old 07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
There is no other tuning company currently offering detailed trans tuning options even remortely close to Superchips.

Scott
The Diablo Predator U7137 allows you to write your own shift schedule on my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi, AND their web site is packed full of documentation, instructions, and manuals.

-Chris

Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Ric@rdo
Do you work at Diablosport?
Nope.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:58 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
Nope...they lock to just one vehicle. You cant even change tire size, and use it on another vehicle. If you buy a used one, and its locked, SC charges $100 to unlock it. Also, SC does NOT include the transmission programming out of the box...you have to spend an additional $40 to have that function, however, they give the impression you can.

SC also does not even vaguely divulge what the very limited tunes do. There is a huge lack of information on their tuners, that could be simply cleared up with an FAQ, but they choose not to do so.

-Chris
Chris,

Earlier you were been pointed several times to the FAQ in this thread in regards to the transmission options and several people have tried to help you. Even Mark tried to help you and he's one of the most knowledgeable/helpful folks around. Plenty of useful information you could have used.

That I'm aware of, Diablo offers no documentation in regards to their limited part throttle shifting application. If you could point me to that, it would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to bet what we have in this thread is significantly more information in regards to transmission tuning part throttle shifts.

You can't compare Diablo to Superchips transmission tuning wise. You can only touch shifts 1,2,3 in Diablo. You can't touch shifts 4 or 5. The feature isn't available over all years (04-10). You're unable to fully control torque management with Diablo.

This is not even close to what Superchips offers with their transmission tuning. $40 bucks is cheap with all the R & D and testing that went into this program.

Just so you're aware, the transmission torque reduction aspect of the routine is crucial and only Superchips understands how it's implemented in the code. Proprietary information and crucial to your truck's longevity.

As far as Superchips divulging proprietary information, they will not do that and it's unrealistic to think they would. Their tuning is optimized for stock trucks. If you want custom tuning in which you control all aspects of the tuning, there are other avenues and that comes with an additional price tag.

If you buy a Diablo used and it's locked, it's a $129 charge to unlock or reset the programmer. $29 more than Superchips charges. Diablo also locks to one VIN. Have no idea why you're using these two to bolster your argument, when both do it?

I understand your frustration wanting to know more, but their is plenty in this thread you could have used in preparing your transmission schedule and utilizing the product to it's full potential. As I said to you earlier, if you put time into the program the rewards are great.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates