Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have actually been looking in to a multi vin application but the main issue is having enough tuner memory to accommodate the size of not only one OEM program but two.

Chrysler has some of the largest vehicle calibration files in the industry causing major headaches when it comes to storing this data. On top of that data we have to also include options for multiple vehicles rather than one so you can see how difficult it can get to contain it all in one device.

If we can find a way to work around this issue and offer that type option in the future I will definitely let everyone here know.

Scott

Old 06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
We have actually been looking in to a multi vin application but the main issue is having enough tuner memory to accommodate the size of not only one OEM program but two.

Chrysler has some of the largest vehicle calibration files in the industry causing major headaches when it comes to storing this data. On top of that data we have to also include options for multiple vehicles rather than one so you can see how difficult it can get to contain it all in one device.

If we can find a way to work around this issue and offer that type option in the future I will definitely let everyone here know.

Scott
Yeah, makes complete sense...basically you'd have to have more memory in the tuner, which makes the price go up, and we'dve been better off just buying 2 to begin with.

Just an idea, something I'm sure your engineers thought of already, but I will mention it just in case...Maybe a removable memory card that can be assigned only to your second vehicle...to store its stock program and have the other vehicle store in SC onboard memory like it currently does. Make the "removable" card a $50 extra option or something so if you only need it for 1 vehicle, great, if you have 2 vehicles then it doesn't cost a lot to enjoy both...

Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

It was mentioned before but I believe there were security issues involved that increased the possibility of corruption and/or product failures.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
Yeah, I know, but its a little frustrating when your second car uses the exact same unit...forcing you to buy 2 when you would never be using them at the same time.

Oh well, it is what it is.

-Chris
They are considering an additional VIN per unit. It would carry an upgrade fee, but it wouldn't be as much as a new tuner. I don't know where they're at with this new feature.

Sil

Old 06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

any 4.7l schedules out there yet?.....

Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by jusjay727
any 4.7l schedules out there yet?.....
Jay,

Thus far there are two schedules. One for an '05 and other for '06.

http://www.mcfail.net/superchips/4.7L%20schedules/

Sil

Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

05 is close enough...thanks sil...edit...whos schedule is that? just outta curiosity....and i guess i need to learn this a little more before i go plugging it in is there something i can read up on more....to learn this better?....

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by jusjay727
05 is close enough...thanks sil...edit...whos schedule is that? just outta curiosity....and i guess i need to learn this a little more before i go plugging it in is there something i can read up on more....to learn this better?....
http://dakotasctranschedules.awardspace.biz/sc.html
Its a webpage im putting together for the dakota guys. There hasnt been much activity over there so I figured Id post what I have read over all the Ram forums. The only thing that needs to be finished is the how to create your own schedule, which will cover how to avoid stacking shifts and creating shift loops. If you guys see any errors let me know, as Im not a professional at this. I just have done alot of reading since the word came out that the trans program was coming out, but I only started putting the website together last week. Feel free to mention anything that should be added or removed. Enjoy.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
skvmax4

any help on my last question would be appreciated

Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by skvmax4
any help on my last question would be appreciated
print out a schedule then input the values when you go to tune the truck

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates