Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSBigPaPa
If you're planning any major engine mods - cam, headers... then Diablo or SCT provide the custom tunes for those mods. Although I don't know for certain if Diablo fully supports the '03s??? (Anyone?)

If you have no plans for engine mods then Superchips may be your best bet. If you choose SC and have no plans to trade up to an '04 or newer then I'd recommend buying a used 3815 - just make sure the seller has returned his vehicle to stock before you fork over any money. If you have plans to purchase a newer truck then it would be best to purchase the 3865 as it supports the up to the Gen IV trucks.

No tranny support on '03s & '04s for Diablo. I tried one out on my '04 when I had a cam custom ground and knew I would need a custom tune for it. TOO SPOILED by the increased line pressure and crisper tunes the Superchips provides for my '04. The power gains were comparable, but the tranny felt like mush.
Got me looking at a PSC01 piggyback or a stacked SC/SCT tune for cam control now...

Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM
boostmeplease
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Did SC scale back the 2nd to first kickdown?

The last time I plugged the Cortex in to the laptop to update, it seems like the aggressiveness with which a 2nd to 1st kickdown would happen was eliminated, before it seemed like it would do it all the way up to about 38 MPH now it must be 35 or under to hit.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

so i got my 3865 on its way, what should i change first?

got 60,000 miles 5.7 hemi with cat back flowmaster and cold air intake installed.

someone stated i should totally disable the (MDS) to get rid of the flutter sound, and that i might notice better fuel milage w/o it engaged, is that true?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
so i got my 3865 on its way, what should i change first?

got 60,000 miles 5.7 hemi with cat back flowmaster and cold air intake installed.

someone stated i should totally disable the (MDS) to get rid of the flutter sound, and that i might notice better fuel milage w/o it engaged, is that true?
First thing, download the Internet Updater and update your tuner.

I set my 07 to:
Rev Limiter: 6200
Speed Limiter: 106 (Stock, it's what my tires are rated for- many max it at 140)
WOT 1-2: 5900
WOT 2-3: 5850
MDS: (I don't have MDS on my 2500)

If you don't plan on purchasing the Advanced Trans Upgrade right away; set the Shift Schedule and Torque Management to Superchips to see what it'll do for you. Remember though, to purchase the Trans Upgrade, you must tune your truck to either 87 or 91 tune prior to purchasing the upgrade.

Once you purchase the trans upgrade take a look at the 07 schedules on www.mcfail.net/superchips...

Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 AM
JerzyJayRo
Amateur

Wow, i just downloaded those 07 schedules, that $hit is way over my head 2p up 3 dn..... Im totally lost, guess i will need to learn more about that before i download the trans update.

When doing the first tune after completing download, is it important to set the octane ?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran

Originally Posted by JerzyJayRo
Wow, i just downloaded those 07 schedules, that $hit is way over my head 2p up 3 dn..... Im totally lost, guess i will need to learn more about that before i download the trans update.
That's exactly how I felt when I first started the beta testing. It's the main reason for writing the FAQ. Please read the FAQ as it WILL help.

When doing the first tune after completing download, is it important to set the octane ?
Not sure what you mean here. What you must do is insure your tune matches the octane in the tank.

If you tune to 91 Performance or Tow Tune you should have 91 or better octane. It is NOT recommended to tow/haul over 1500lbs with the 91 performance or 87 tune as it could cause pinging.

The Mileage XS and 87 tune will safely allow you to run 87 octane even though the owner's manual recommends we run 89 octane.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
addrenjunky
Angry superchips website

I am very frustrated having just spent nearly 2 hours attempting to register myself and my sc3865 with no success. I am not sure if it is the sc website or the laptop I am borrowing as my home pc is operating with firefox. First off I registered which seemed to work, but when I tried to register my 3865 I completed all the info, but it would not let me send, just let me cancel. So then I thought I would go to the sc forum to find out what I am doing wrong, with no success, it accepted the info, but I have not received an email to confirm, so I am unable to ask in the sc forums. Why after registering for the sc website would I have to register for the forum on that website, this simply makes no sense to me. Can someone please help me. I have had my tuner for over a month and have no reason to want to return it, I simply want to check for updates and get the advanced trans tuning features.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Rexfan
Amateur

I had the same problem, yesterday. I'm glad the product works better than their website. I called the tech line, listed in the SC manual. They said "dont worry about it". I was able to create a username and password. They said to go to the "customers" tab and "Download Internet Update Software" and go from there. I'm not terribly worried about updates as my 3865 is new and my truck is an 05. I installed my SC and everything went well.

You may want to send a private message (here on the forum) to Scott@superchips as he was very helpful.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM
sinus19
Veteran
Default SC Spark Plug Advancement????

sooo, I was missing around with my SuperChip and found out that in the Advanced Tuning option there is a "Spark Plug Advancement" tuning. Aparently i can adjust the spark plugs from 0 to -6.00 Degrees (default is 0) what the heck is this option for???? is this the actual Spark plug Timing?? and should i change it according to my mods??

Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Rexfan
Amateur

Originally Posted by sinus19
sooo, I was missing around with my SuperChip and found out that in the Advanced Tuning option there is a "Spark Plug Advancement" tuning. Aparently i can adjust the spark plugs from 0 to -6.00 Degrees (default is 0) what the heck is this option for???? is this the actual Spark plug Timing?? and should i change it according to my mods??
Your list of mods is short and sweet. I would stick with the SC's tunes. My rule is, if I have to ask how or what it does, leave it be.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates