Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
taker24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell!! I updated today and installed the 91 perf tune on my truck. Seems to work ok. I still cannot even get to the screen to check my settings so I don't know what it is reading! but when I plug the flashpaq back in it states that tuning has been installed.
After driving stock for a week I missed the better shifts and not having my mds turned off (I got tired of hitting the tow/haul button all the time).
Today was kind of rainy so I didn't really have a chance to really get on it, but first impression of the 91 tune is kind of disappointment. I had the 87 tune installed, adjusted the shift points, and I could tell it wasn't stock at that point. Now with the 91 performance tune I figured I would really be able to notice a change, but it wasn't what I expected. I will give it a few days and maybe adjust a few things. Hopefully it will get better.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
taker24
Professional

forgot to add that it now reads v1.14.09, db273.
I am assuming the v1.14.09 is firmware 1.14. Why is everyone else running 1.35??? I asked SC about this and they said it was fine. No wonder it doesn't work correctly, I am 21 behind on the firmware!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Wow you guys must have done something to fix a few things since I tried updating my tuner a while back. It finally connected this afternoon and went from v1.12 DB 84 to v1.35 DB 273. Does everything work right? Im going to go play for a bit with it and dont need any problems to pop up

Old 05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
bccamper
Default Error Message on Superchips

I was in the process of updating the tune in my truck since having my transmission, front and rear diff, and transfer case serviced. I plugged in my superchip and there was error message saying "Transmission does not exist". Has only else had this problem. Is it possible they screwed something up when I had the fluid changed. My guess is they forgot to plug something in. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Old 05-10-2009, 02:34 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Wow. You guys are scareing the crap out of me. I just bought a 3815 and it should be here next week. Half of the post on here tell me I made the wrong decision and half tell me it was right. For now, I'm gonna go with it and hope they get things smoothed out. Seems like you guys are a little impatient when it comes to the new tunes and such but I definately like the fact that the superchip guys are on here and trying to keep us updated.
I realize that these things take time so I'm just gonna wait for now. It's no different than waiting for new computer games to come out. If any of you guys have ever written any code you will know that anything and everything that can go wrong will and it always takes longer to iron things out than you planned. I think these guys are providing excellent customer support. We'll see what happens.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:05 AM
bccamper

I had previously asked about a feature on the superchip which so of you never heard of. I have include a picture of the menu item from the superchip programmer.

This the Mobile Desoot enable. My question is... What is this option.....

Old 05-10-2009, 11:52 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

And SC brags about their quality control and not rushing tunes....heh

Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Seems like you guys are a little impatient when it comes to the new tunes and such but I definately like the fact that the superchip guys are on here and trying to keep us updated.
People probably seem impatient because this discussion about the new features started back in November. So I think it is understandable that people (including myself) have gotten to the point where they don't want more responses of "wait a little longer" and are ready to see some results.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by taker24
What the hell!! I updated today and installed the 91 perf tune on my truck. Seems to work ok. I still cannot even get to the screen to check my settings so I don't know what it is reading! but when I plug the flashpaq back in it states that tuning has been installed.
After driving stock for a week I missed the better shifts and not having my mds turned off (I got tired of hitting the tow/haul button all the time).
Today was kind of rainy so I didn't really have a chance to really get on it, but first impression of the 91 tune is kind of disappointment. I had the 87 tune installed, adjusted the shift points, and I could tell it wasn't stock at that point. Now with the 91 performance tune I figured I would really be able to notice a change, but it wasn't what I expected. I will give it a few days and maybe adjust a few things. Hopefully it will get better.
this is why i sent mine back the performance tune felt close to stock for me aswell and many calls to SC and finnaly was tired of trying so it was sent back ,,,still wondering where my refund check is

Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RH, no word on if they cut you the check this week?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates