Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormin264
RamHunter, have you gotten the Diablo yet or were you waiting for the SC refund before purchasing?

frankley im not diggin the tuner thing the SC didnt do it for me at all , and a buddie has a diablo and its about the same so im puttin the money into gears.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
oh so he only comes by when there are options that are for sure being released?
I believe that he posted somewhere that from now on he would not be posting in these threads on any forum unless there was something definitely being released. I think he probably got tired of being in between the SC users and the SC managment.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I believe that he posted somewhere that from now on he would not be posting in these threads on any forum unless there was something definitely being released. I think he probably got tired of being in between the SC users and the SC managment.
oh ok probably bc he was being toyed with the updates and then relaying it to us and then the updates never happening...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

im sooooo glad i dont have this problem anymore

Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

oh ok probably bc he was being toyed with the updates and then relaying it to us and then the updates never happening...
Actually, I'm trying to do more things in the background with the programmer and users on the forums. Example: There's a 2007 4.7L user who's been waiting patiently for his shift points to function properly. He's working with the programmer now and they almost have the issue solved. This will help other 4.7L users suffering from this same issue.

I chose not to post about options anymore because, to a certain extent it's my fault for raising expectation levels. I enjoy the product and I've made friendships at SC. The folks there work hard and are good people. As a consumer, I'm just like you. I want the options now, but the reality is they'll release them when they're ready and at the schedule their business dictates. I know you and others don't want to hear that. I empathize with how you and the other members feel. We have a choice. Hang in there or go elsewhere. Going elsewhere isn't an option for me, as I enjoy the reliability of the product.

Hope you're doing well SilverBullet.

Sil

Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

I have no problem with waiting patiently if i knew there was a a time frame sc was shooting for the updates. I know sc is good product bc i had to go back to stock yesterday to go to the dealer and my truck felt like a dog. all im saying is that you and the other members on sc used to post regularly about updates and info but lately is nothing...

Old 05-21-2009, 04:49 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

all im saying is that you and the other members on sc used to post regularly about updates and info but lately is nothing...
I'm sure they're doing this to tamp down expectation levels a bit. That's why Tom is listing all the projects they have in queue. They're trying to give you and others a better idea of what their business time line is and what they're up against. I'll say this, Tom has posted regularly for being the President of the company. Don't know many President's of companies who do that.

Having said that, I empathize with you. I'm a customer as well.

Sil

Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
I'm sure they're doing this to tamp down expectation levels a bit. That's why Tom is listing all the projects they have in queue. They're trying to give you and others a better idea of what their business time line is and what they're up against. I'll say this, Tom has posted regularly for being the President of the company. Don't know many President's of companies who do that.

Having said that, I empathize with you. I'm a customer as well.

Sil
the only reasons we have expectation levels bc of what they kept telling us with the updates coming out and stuff. you cant say that and then do nothing about it...

Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Alpheus
Banned

I hate to disagree but my tuner does make the holy $h!t difference. I don't know why but the tuner adds more HP and torque to the 03 Hemi than it does to the 04 and up. (See for yourself) http://www.superchips.com/product_re...Dodge&x=44&y=5 Maybe that's why I notice it so much. The tuner does work and it has many functions on it that work great for data logging and monitoring the engine systems as well as an ODB II reader.

I think people are hooking these up and expecting a huge kick in the *** as if they added a NO2 system or forced induction. I'm not trying to kiss any *** here but our Dodges are only a small percent of the vehicles that SC offers products for and it seems like the 3rd genners are doing the biggest percent of the bitchin. Don't put down the company for a couple of people that has had a bad experience. This product isn't made in Indonesia and the profits being sent over seas somewhere. This is one of the few and shrinking American companies that are left around that when you call them you get an actual person that answers the phone. Not a machine or a person in India that has 9 syllables in their name that if you had to pronounce it you would be left with a mouth full of phlegm, telling you his name is Steve. If you don't like it just move on and find one you like. You may be putting REAL highly skilled Americans out of work with all this negativity. This is a very sophisticated piece of electronics with millions of lines of code that has to be interpreted and manipulated to work with these vehicles. The car manufactures have teams of engineers all around the world and takes many,many YEARS to make the programs in today's autos. Ease up abit. Everyone is getting upset because they cant SEE the program on your screen that says PERFORMANCE TUNE when you know damn well there are allot of junk tuners out there that says the right thing on the screen but dosent do a damn thing other than that...

No disrespect just my opinion...

Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 PM
OhioHemi03

I couldn't agree with you more Alpheus.(After reading a lot of your posts I can't believe I just said that)...I have had my SC for about a week in my 04 QC 4x4 Hemi and have loved it. It makes it feel like a new truck and there is no way I could go back to stock tunes and be happy now. It never fails that in business you hear about 90% of the complaints and only 10% of the happy customers. It's just the nature of the beast.
-Yes I completely made up the percentages

Just be glad there is someone letting you know that there is hope for things being fixed rather than being left completely in the dark. Most companies wouldn't go out of their way to keep you happy after you've bought the product.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates