Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i have a feeling alot of people are gonna feel the way you feel now...

Old 07-06-2009, 02:59 PM
DodgeHemi61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Question and power

Lets say thay I am running the 91 tune in my truck and I disconnect the battery to work on the engine or replace the battery.
Now will I have any issues when the computer reboots or will things go back to to the normal 91 tune?
Thanks

Old 07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by DodgeHemi61
Lets say thay I am running the 91 tune in my truck and I disconnect the battery to work on the engine or replace the battery.
Now will I have any issues when the computer reboots or will things go back to to the normal 91 tune?
Thanks
should be back to normal. I've pulled the battery on mine numerous times while tuned, no ill effects.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, im in the same boat as feej. I was going back and forth between DSP and SC a few months ago. Even though DSP has the trans options, I decided to go with SC because I thought it was overall a better product and a company that truely cared about the customers. Looks I made a terrible mistake. I got the 3815 because you all said you had tranny updates coming for it. I never got the response "we're also coming out with a new platform (3865) NEXT MONTH". No, instead I got conned into buying the severely outdated 3815. So now what? You offer me the chance to pay to trade up to the 3865? No thanks, why didnt you just say "wait a month to get the 3865".

I'm upset to say the least. I wont use the colored commentary feej did, but I'm definently as upset. An even trade 3865 for 3815 would keep me in the SC game, otherwise I'm outta here.

Get it together Superchips. If you keep treating your loyal customers like this, you're not gonna have anyone around to debut your "game changer".

Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

wow I'm good, I hit the nail on the HEAD!!! I just typed that statement last night too...I told you that that was the reason they made the "new" flashpaq a few months ago, so we'd have to buy it (or trade it in for an "affordable" upgrade as the dude so delightfully put it). This is awesome...I remember seeing "coming soon" right beside the 3815 on the website right before I purchased it...thinking that I would be able to get new tunes downloaded to my flashpaq...now I have to "upgrade at an affordable price." What exactly is this "affordable price?" Because if it is over say, $50, you are going to lose a lot of business I'd assume...just seems kinda crappy to me. Oh well, what do you expect?

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

+1

The flash program is semi permanent meaning it can only be removed or changed by either the Superchips programmer or a factory scan tool. Removing the cables for cleaning or general maintenance.

Scott

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
Special thanks go out to Sil for keeping you informed of our progress. He’s excited about the options (he’ll be a guinea pig so you’ll hear it from him first). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, keep posting them as we monitor and reply as time allows

Stay tuned.

Superchips Tom
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for the update Tom.

Folks, what Superchips will be bring you here will be totally insane. When Tom says it's a "game changer", that's exactly what it will be. I've said this before, no one will come close to touching it. You will not be disappointed.

The upgrade program is a very nice gesture from Superchips. The FP is full on the 3815 and this complicated transmission tuning program would not fit. Believe me if Superchips could have done it, they would have. It just was physical impossibility.

Folks, you'll be pleased with this new tuning and when you read the feedback, you can make your own informed decision.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 04:42 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by tamuccmike
wow I'm good, I hit the nail on the HEAD!!! I just typed that statement last night too...I told you that that was the reason they made the "new" flashpaq a few months ago, so we'd have to buy it (or trade it in for an "affordable" upgrade as the dude so delightfully put it). This is awesome...I remember seeing "coming soon" right beside the 3815 on the website right before I purchased it...thinking that I would be able to get new tunes downloaded to my flashpaq...now I have to "upgrade at an affordable price." What exactly is this "affordable price?" Because if it is over say, $50, you are going to lose a lot of business I'd assume...just seems kinda crappy to me. Oh well, what do you expect?
It's just like computers, iphones, etc., etc. The ability to add programming to a firmware prom eventually runs out. Superchips could be like all those other companies that offer bigger and better and ask you to buy it for full price all over again. They aren't in this case, so that's a good thing for you and others. Is the upgrade program going to satisfy everyone? No, but it's something I'm sure they didn't have to do. It's their business to run. They're doing it because, they care about their customers.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
Regarding the transmission tuning options, we have the Dodge engineering team working a significant portion of their time on this project. As Sil said, we’re hoping it’s a ‘game changer’ regarding transmission tuning. While the competition does some rudimentary transmission adjustments, we’re developing a program allowing the user to manually set the shift points for each upshift and downshift depending on part- or full-throttle requests. This exercise is very difficult because we need the tuner’s software program to be powerful enough to control all aspects of the transmission tuning AND be intelligent enough to prevent users from incorrectly setting parameters breaking their transmission. It also requires our team to develop straightforward user-instructions for a very complex program – a big GUI challenge given the mini monochromatic backlit LCD. Bottom line – this is more complicated than yes/no or +/- questions and some minor tweaks to the transmission. We are not far from alpha and beta testing – we have the technology running in our lab on the bench and on the dyno.

Can you clarify on that...because from my understanding on what you said the DSP already does that for the 05-06's and just the upshifts for 07-08 so far.

Originally Posted by SilsHemi

Folks, what Superchips will be bring you here will be totally insane. When Tom says it's a "game changer", that's exactly what it will be. I've said this before, no one will come close to touching it. You will not be disappointed.

The upgrade program is a very nice gesture from Superchips. The FP is full on the 3815 and this complicated transmission tuning program would not fit. Believe me if Superchips could have done it, they would have. It just was physical impossibility.

Sil
Maybe i'm misreading what the tranny update is capable of doing but it's not a game changer if those options are already on the market. BTW I don't even own an 3815 and even I think it's screwed up about the whole hardware issue.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

The main issue was space in the 3815 Flashpaq. Once we begin pushing heavy into the trans options the way people have been asking for them we realized recently that these and any future options are going to require alot more memory than the 3815 has.

Now before you go medieval on us, ask yourself in today’s consumer electronics age and with the advances in speed, memory, and design, how long does a technology and/or device last before it’s leapfrogged for a new product? How old is a flat panel TV (compared to a 27” CRT)? How old is your cell phone, your laptop or desktop PC, or your your MP3 / iPod?

Compare the functions of an iPod Touch to an iPod a few years ago - they are light years apart. Or, compare a new car to one four or five years old – the advances are stunning... and you’re seeing that from Superchips.

Superchips is not intentionally hanging 3815 owners out to dry here. At some point we must invest in the latest technology and apply our corporate resources to those technologies to aide us in continuing to provide you with the kinds of options that are being requested by our consumers.

We are trying our best to make the change over easy for everyone by offering a buy back program that allows you to affordably upgrade to the new technology when you’re ready.

PM me if interested.

Scott

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates