Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha

Ok guys so I bought a "diesel world" mag the other day becuz on the cover it read "1000 hp and 2000 lb ft 5.9 Cummins" I read that article it wsa sweet. then there was a huge article about a huge diesel show. truck pulls drag races. dyno's you name it. I see in many pictures these chevy and gmc's with a ifs which looks ever so fruity escpecially when it was lifted. I never new that they used IFS on the hd's especially one with a diesel. I mean wtf. I thought that chevy and the duramax was trash before this but now i'm just blown away with this. Honestly IFS good god almighty. that's so stupid on a HD truck. I mean mebbe a half ton becuase ride comfort is more a factor but in a heavy duty I want a beast of a engine. big tires. beastly wheels beastly axles. I don't want some lil IFS. O and there was a pic of one runnin down the track with both tires pointed at each other after the ifs took a dump. I guess this is just one more reason why dodge is just that damn good.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Default RE: Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT6Lqj-_eSo

Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Looks like someone is gunning for Sharx ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6p1...ted&search=

Old 06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
mopar98
All Star

Chevy's ain't all that bad.
If I was out four wheelin I'd rather use a Ford or a Dodge because of the straight axle
but if I was pullin a trailer on the road all the time IFS would be the way to go.
It all goes back to the old sayin if U want a truck for heavy work by a Dodge or a Ford.
If U want a truck that for every day and has a good ride buy a Chevy

Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Heavy duty should be heavy duty.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Ben D.
Champion

exaclty

Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM
trauts83
Rookie

have you been under a rock lately? all of chevy's truck line has been IFS for some time now. lol

Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Until recentlyI had a 1996 Chevy 2500 with the 5.7L Vortec. Nice truck, plenty of power, decent ride quality. It had an IFS front axle. I did some heavy off roading with it and I never had any problems whatsoever. When it was 10 years old even the CV joint boots were in perfect shape. The only thing I didn't like was that it had a torsion bar in front instead of springs. Nobody made a lift kit for it, as far as I know. Oh, and the fuel economy was not good. It got about 11-12 MPG.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:55 AM
dieselram
Captain

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Ok guys so I bought a "diesel world" mag the other day becuz on the cover it read "1000 hp and 2000 lb ft 5.9 Cummins" I read that article it wsa sweet. then there was a huge article about a huge diesel show. truck pulls drag races. dyno's you name it. I see in many pictures these chevy and gmc's with a ifs which looks ever so fruity escpecially when it was lifted. I never new that they used IFS on the hd's especially one with a diesel. I mean wtf. I thought that chevy and the duramax was trash before this but now i'm just blown away with this. Honestly IFS good god almighty. that's so stupid on a HD truck. I mean mebbe a half ton becuase ride comfort is more a factor but in a heavy duty I want a beast of a engine. big tires. beastly wheels beastly axles. I don't want some lil IFS. O and there was a pic of one runnin down the track with both tires pointed at each other after the ifs took a dump. I guess this is just one more reason why dodge is just that damn good.
Just on a side note,were youreading Diesel Power magazine? I saw a toe'd Chevy in a sled pulling event in their recent July issue.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
firemansdodge
Professional

Front ends are the weak link in the GM Diesel HD. I think the GMC Sierra HD are nice trucks. The Chevy Silveraldo's are one ugly looking truck. They messed that look up.

Quick Reply: Chevy HD's have IFS hahahahhaha