Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:23 PM
05Blue1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Update.. First off let me thank Hid Extra for sending me out replacement parts.. But on the other hand let me explain my issue again .. just so that they can't try and say that i am hooking up the capacitors wrong. I hate being called a liar.

I got the new set of capacitors in and went to install them about a half hour ago . Installed everything including the new bulbs they had sent me as well ( the same ones that i installed when the first capacitor blew) ok installed everything to the same specs as they were when i first installed everything with the old bulbs etc and they worked fine ... turn on the switch and i get nothing... so i decide ok maybe the lights are wired incorrectly so i reverse the capacitors on the ballast and hit the switch. Wow they work imagine that......... 2 sec later Bang, Bang both capacitors blow....... at this point i am so pissed off..... so i walk away for 5 min and decide to satisfy my curiousity....and to PROVE that i was correct. So i take my ORIGINAL bulbs the set that had one of the halogens out on it. and install it with NO Capacitor ( since they both blew up) and wired up the same way that i originally wired them and hit the switch ... WOW looky there they work perfect and i even let them burn for 5 min with no issues that i could see except the annoying Lamp out light on the dash and the halogen bulb out in 1 side.......

All i can say is My wiring was not incorrect because i never had this issue before the Latest set of bulbs were sent to me.. so apparently the BULBS were Defective..

It looks like i have a HID junkyard with all these spare parts.. I am at a loss of what to do .. do i just Send everything back to HID extra and say have a nice day and go find another dealer? Cut my losses in $$ ??? Because i can't keep having issues or being told that i am wiring stuff incorrectly.. All i want is 2 of the same color bulbs, both that have the halogen work, and a set of HID's that i can be Proud of.. I drive 3 hours in the dark to work and then 3 hours in the dark home from work so i really enjoyed the HID's over stock Halogen bulbs.. And i was telling everyone i know about the great price and the product....

Please let me know what i should do??? I'm getting tired of pulling my headlights outta my truck... lol

Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
dawgfan
Rookie

what type of warranty comes with these kits? I recently (less than 2 months ago) purchased 2 kits from you, one for my Ram 2500, and one for my Grand Cherokee. I had one bulb go out already.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

At this point I would demand a relay harness. My capacitors did the EXACT same thing (not working installed one way, working then blowing when reversed). The relay harness resolved that, and guarantees they won't flicker. I don't get a light out message either.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dawgfan
what type of warranty comes with these kits? I recently (less than 2 months ago) purchased 2 kits from you, one for my Ram 2500, and one for my Grand Cherokee. I had one bulb go out already.
Please email me your information at info@hidextra.com and I'll reply you the warranty information.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

we only use EMS for international shipping to make sure you receive it sooner

Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 AM
KevinDXP

My driver side just went out...ugh i'm so frustrated, thinking about going back to stock, tired of troubleshooting with this system...

Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by KevinDXP
My driver side just went out...ugh i'm so frustrated, thinking about going back to stock, tired of troubleshooting with this system...
email me at info@hidextra.com so i can get you new replacement part

Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

New PLUG & PLAY BI-XENON HID Conversion Kit

Our new designed Bi-Xenon HID kit is now PLUG & PLAY.
No Relay needed!!
Bulb types available in:
H13
**9007 Bi-xenon is not available for Dodge cars as it will not work, only the hi/lo will work, thanks**
It’s now on sale for ONLY $69.99!! Free shipping! Tax included!!
• Easier installation
• Uses less space
• No Relay needed
• No more difficult troubleshooting

We are the ONLY web site on the market with this new design. With all the advantages, it takes only half the time to install all at our low introductory price.
Be the first to get our exclusive relay-free bi-xenon kit and get the luxury look without the luxury price!!

Regular Complicated Installation:

NEW HIDeXtra Plug & Play:

Traditional bi-xenon HID kits installation have been much more complicated than single beam HID kits. It seems always to be an issue for a lot of customers connecting the relay to the battery, or how the wiring works. This has all been due to the fact that bi-xenon HID kits typically require relays installed that are complicated, hard to put together, and difficult troubleshooting.
Our new design bi-xenon HID kits have resolved ALL of those issues with an innovative new technology that lets bi-xenon HID kits become COMPLETELY plug and play like other standard HID's kit. Simply plug in the new bulbs to the ballast and the ballast to the wire source and you are DONE! HID's are now on your low and high beam without ANY of the complex installation. We are the ONLY web site with the Plug and Play technology.
Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose Bi-Xenon Kit (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

Customer Support:
E-mail Form

(Available M-F 9am - 5pm PST)
Karen
Hidextra.com
info@hidextra.com
860-821-8212

Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

New PLUG & PLAY BI-XENON HID Conversion Kit

Our new designed Bi-Xenon HID kit is now PLUG & PLAY.
No Relay needed!!
Bulb types available in:
H13
**9007 Bi-xenon is not available for Dodge cars as it will not work, only the hi/lo will work, thanks**
It’s now on sale for ONLY $69.99!! Free shipping! Tax included!!
• Easier installation
• Uses less space
• No Relay needed
• No more difficult troubleshooting

We are the ONLY web site on the market with this new design. With all the advantages, it takes only half the time to install all at our low introductory price.
Be the first to get our exclusive relay-free bi-xenon kit and get the luxury look without the luxury price!!

Regular Complicated Installation:

NEW HIDeXtra Plug & Play:

Traditional bi-xenon HID kits installation have been much more complicated than single beam HID kits. It seems always to be an issue for a lot of customers connecting the relay to the battery, or how the wiring works. This has all been due to the fact that bi-xenon HID kits typically require relays installed that are complicated, hard to put together, and difficult troubleshooting.
Our new design bi-xenon HID kits have resolved ALL of those issues with an innovative new technology that lets bi-xenon HID kits become COMPLETELY plug and play like other standard HID's kit. Simply plug in the new bulbs to the ballast and the ballast to the wire source and you are DONE! HID's are now on your low and high beam without ANY of the complex installation. We are the ONLY web site with the Plug and Play technology.
Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose Bi-Xenon Kit (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

Customer Support:
E-mail Form

(Available M-F 9am - 5pm PST)
Karen
Hidextra.com
info@hidextra.com
860-821-8212

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 AM
05Blue1500

Ok so i am guessing by the lack of a response from HID Extra than i guess i am just going to ship everything Back to them and go find another company..... sooo aggravating

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members