2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre lucky to have well water. we have rural water. weve been told that there is a well below the deck right outside the house but have not torn the deck apart to confirm that yet.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is rural water?

I'm tired. Ready for a nap.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
What is rural water?

I'm tired. Ready for a nap.
you dont know what rural water is? its water thats piped out to rural residents. usually if not always comes from a lake. and its usually filthy. quite a few people including us filter it before it comes into the house. well water is sooo much better.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by techningeer
you dont know what rural water is? its water thats piped out to rural residents. usually if not always comes from a lake. and its usually filthy. quite a few people including us filter it before it comes into the house. well water is sooo much better.

Sorry, but in my parts of the East Coast water is either city/town or well. No in between...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Jigabop
Champion

he is calling city water rural water...

well water can be good, or can be nasty...depends on the well

my old house had the worst well on earth....water would turn water filters into brown sludge within a week. it would also run out of water if you pressure washed your roof...

current house, awesome well water...you can run every hose sink, etc in every house on that well and not run it out of water....enormous water table here and large spring fed pond in the back yard 5 houses all on acreage share that pond. enough room for 2 more houses on acreage to surround it...

this well water is also good...does not turn filters horridly nasty looking in a week like the old place...filters here last for months.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM
stewie01
Legend

Very true Jigabop. Our water is great. Remember those days of Mark McGwire and Grayson Mountain Water? I'm about 8 miles from the bottling plant.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
he is calling city water rural water...

well water can be good, or can be nasty...depends on the well

my old house had the worst well on earth....water would turn water filters into brown sludge within a week. it would also run out of water if you pressure washed your roof...

current house, awesome well water...you can run every hose sink, etc in every house on that well and not run it out of water....enormous water table here and large spring fed pond in the back yard 5 houses all on acreage share that pond. enough room for 2 more houses on acreage to surround it...

this well water is also good...does not turn filters horridly nasty looking in a week like the old place...filters here last for months.
not so jigabop. around here city and rural water are two different things. city water is better known as municipal water.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

My well water sucks. There is so much iron in the water, that it doesn't splash in the sink, it clanks.... Fill the washer with hot water, and it's orange..... and that is AFTER the water softener.... (Yeah, it says "Iron Free Soft Water" right on it. Iron free my ***.) According to popular theory, the softener is actually working.... can't use the 'red out' salt, or similar product, as it would kill the mineral bed in the softener.... Personally, I think someone else already killed it. It was here when we bought the house.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

We have "well water" that feeds the yard irrigation system, from a pump underground (used to supply the house before this area was annexed and they put us on city water/sewer. We now have "city water" that comes from a municipal water treatment plant that gets its water from the river. I've never heard of rural water either.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread