2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

End-all Be-all plenum thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

woops! lmao sorry!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BCI-72102/

i sure as hell ain't paying $50 for one though. damn. lol

Old 07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

well i rigged it together again! lol its actually quite creative if i do say so myself. had a brass elbow with a threaded port in it for hot water heating systems (my dad and i do HVAC) lol soldered to copper pipes in each end, and the the sensor screwed right in. however, i had to use a two pronged sensor, because i couldn't figure out how to get my normal one to ground. in doing so, though, i think the temperature readings for this sensor are different, because now my normal temp is just a hair above 130...i should be getting damn close to normal temps i would think, unless its just the sensor being different causing it. lol

if anyone wants to see pics, pm me your number and i can text them to you. lol still cant get them off my phone onto the computer.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

If the sensor screws into a brass/copper fitting, simply solder a ground wire to the fitting, and then ground it somewhere on the block, use the single wire sensor, good to go.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

i could try to do that. thats probably whats going to happen. lol cuz this sensor i just dont feel comfortable with. and i still have yet to find a parts store that carries the one prong sensor. i dont get it. does anyone have the part number for it?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

I would say look in the parts manual, but, the online version available here is really difficult to navigate, the search feature doesn't work, and I can't seem to download it. Pretty much useless....

Call the dealer and get a mopar part number, they should at least have a clue.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I would say look in the parts manual, but, the online version available here is really difficult to navigate, the search feature doesn't work, and I can't seem to download it. Pretty much useless....

Call the dealer and get a mopar part number, they should at least have a clue.

got a Chrysler part number off of summit of all places lol only costs $10 on summit, but I need it ASAP. lol ill check it tomorrow. I'm really hoping my truck isn't running hot and its just my mind playing tricks on me lol all the hoses seem hotter than usual. then again, 195-200 is pretty damn hot to the touch anyway lol

Old 07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shot a bunch of pics durnig the plenum repair process...if anyone needs a particular one let me know...a picture speaks a 1000 words, so maybe one might help

Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It's Me Patt
I shot a bunch of pics durnig the plenum repair process...if anyone needs a particular one let me know...a picture speaks a 1000 words, so maybe one might help

Post them ALL. LOL

Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Post them ALL. LOL
In the "Show us your Plenum" thread (or whatever it is called) started by WhiteNuckle

Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked for that thread, didn't see it..I look some more later..if not maybe I'll start a new one with the pics and step by step DIY..then toss in links like the one with 'all the parts you'll need' that's already posted...unless this is already been done and is complete with a easily searchable thread name..I think I would have to check with Hey You 1st tho...It would take some time but that's the least I could do to give back to DF

Quick Reply: End-all Be-all plenum thread