Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:24 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSouth81
I bought the 3865 a while back for my 2005 2wd 4.7 QC Ram going on all of the feedback from here and from else where about how much of a difference you feel in driving when on the performance tune.... I ran all the 87octane out of the tank filled it with 91 and tuned it to performance and still feels the same. I was told that it takes a while for it to learn the new tune so I waited, 5 tanks later I still noticed nothing but I was told to put it back to stock and I would notice how much of a dog it would be. Put it back to stock and I feel NO difference. The ONLY noticable difference was the WOT shift points. Other than that you'd never convince me that it was tuned. I check and it says tuning installed blah blah blah. On wet tar it still wont even spin the tires (whatever comes standard from factory on 20's). So whats wrong with it. Truck has just over 60K on the ticker and runs very well so I dont know what could be the issue but am very dissapointed with the tuner.
I honestly felt the same way with my tuner when I first got it for my 4.7l dakota. I returned it within 30 days because I didnt think it was worth the money. Within a week I had ordered another one, which was also much cheaper because it came from an online retailer. All I would recommend is make sure your updating your tuner, and try retuning your truck because there is a difference. Run a couple of 0-60 runs and prove it to yourself. My tuner gave me over 1.5 on my 0-60 time. Good luck!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
Well, just finished up on my shift schedule. I'm loving it, it's like driving a whole new truck. I kinda based mine off of Teach's at first but his TP% were way off from mine so I tweaked everything to make it work. Went for a test drive, certainly don't have any problems with acceleration lol. I can't imagine how crazy the potential is for the 4.56 gear guys. Superchips has done a great thing here
Very nice Joe!

Sil

Old 05-06-2010, 08:11 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

LAST CALL. The free trans options coupon will expire at 10:00AM EST Friday May 7th!

The coupon code is:
TRANS90

After tomorrow, it's a $39.95 upgrade.

Thanks,

Sil

Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Fav40
Professional

Cool beans

Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Fav40
How do you download the update ?
Courtesy of JoeHemi:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2118799-post2237.html

Thanks,

Sil

Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
MDSBigPaPa
Veteran
Default 2P or Not 2P

A little more about 2P

Q: I'm starting out with the schedule from the host site, and 2nd prime isn't covered. Or at least I cant find it.

A: One thing to check is if 2PDn (green) is overlaid on top of 3Dn(blue). If it is you won't see a graph for it unless you have a schedule that shows the different shift pairs - as mine (Mark's 07) does. Normal Stock shifts, Dodge has overlaid 2PDn with 3Dn from 0% to 54.51% then both of them over 2Dn(brown) from 0% to 31.37%. This will use 2P at 54.51% or greater TP AND 55.16MPH or greater.

Also Stock shifts for Low Shift Schedule, Dodge has eliminated 2P altogether by overlaying from 0% to 100% of 3Dn.

Name:  StockShifts.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  32.8 KB

We've covered Stock 2PDn above so let's take a look at my (Mark's) settings for 2P in my Shift Schedule. First, a little background about 2P and how Dodge uses it. For years 04-06, 2P is used strictly as a passing gear. That is, it is only used when significant throttle is applied and above a defined MPH - see above. However, starting in 07, Dodge now treats 2P as a normal gear at the low end. What I mean is, it will downshift into 2P (remember the ONLY way to get into 2P is a downshift) at very low TP% and under 30MPH. Theory here is, since 2P is slightly taller than 2, it will save fuel thus, allowing Dodge to have better fuel mileage estimates.

What I've done with my Shift Schedule is basically the same as what Stock does. However, I have chosen to overlay 2PDn on 2Dn from 0% to 31.37% and then over 3Dn from 31.37% to 54.51%. It will still treat 2P as a passing gear if I apply GREATER than 54.51% throttle AND I am going faster than 63.39MPH. Also, if I apply LESS than 31.37% throttle it will downshift from 3 to 2P but if I apply greater than 31.37% it will shift all the way into 1st and plant your head against the headrest.

Since 2P is slightly taller than 2, I made my 2PUp(pink) shift slightly higher than 2Up(yellow).

For your homework... J/K

Name:  ShiftSchedule-9.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  38.6 KB

Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice write up mark!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM
AZZO540
Veteran

cut my TM in half for now i am enjoing the loss of the lag b/t shifts

Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CSouth81
I bought the 3865 a while back for my 2005 2wd 4.7 QC Ram going on all of the feedback from here and from else where about how much of a difference you feel in driving when on the performance tune.... I ran all the 87octane out of the tank filled it with 91 and tuned it to performance and still feels the same. I was told that it takes a while for it to learn the new tune so I waited, 5 tanks later I still noticed nothing but I was told to put it back to stock and I would notice how much of a dog it would be. Put it back to stock and I feel NO difference. The ONLY noticable difference was the WOT shift points. Other than that you'd never convince me that it was tuned. I check and it says tuning installed blah blah blah. On wet tar it still wont even spin the tires (whatever comes standard from factory on 20's). So whats wrong with it. Truck has just over 60K on the ticker and runs very well so I dont know what could be the issue but am very dissapointed with the tuner.
I don't know how you couldn't tell a difference unless something is going wrong or if my 08 is different. Supposedly the 08 4.7s do get alot more out of the tuner. I noticed the power increase right way but what I notice most is the difference in the tranny shifts. I absolutely hate the factory shifting and it is totally improved with the tuner and that alone is worth it to me.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 AM
taker24
Professional

Are there any other 2008 Hemi owners running the new options? (other than Sil)

I havn't done anything yet, probably this weekend.

If any 2008 guys can give some input, or post your schedule on the site from any earlier post. There is not too much for a 2008 listed.

Also.....can you give your "opinion" if it is a tame setting, medium setting, or aggressive setting?

I think this would help dumbasses ,such as myself, who have no idea on really where to start!!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates