Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
We provide all of the features and options for your specific vehicle on our web page when you use the search by vehicle icon: http://www.superchips.com/Store/tabi...q/Default.aspx

For your convenience here is the data from that link:

The Flashpaq performance tuner is the best selling handheld tuner in the industry. The success of the tuner is due to its' quality, innovation and performance results. The Dodge Gas Flashpaq (part no. 3865) delivers more to-the-wheels power than other popular tuners all while eliminating common problems found in the other products. The results for your gas powered truck, SUV or performance car are industry leading and the features list lengthy including multiple power levels and a variety of user-tunable options. The first time you get behind the wheel you will notice improved throttle response, high-end drivability and outstanding power gains.
Features & Benefits

Complete drivetrain tuning for your Dodge truck, SUV or performance car; Chrysler performance car or crossover

Multiple performance tunes included for all vehicles and heavy load towing for truck and SUVs

Industry leading horsepower and torque gains

Automatic transmission optimization

Speedometer calibration for axle gear and tire size changes from 22.5" - 42"

Advanced tuning selections from rev limits to shift points

Monitor engine and transmission parameters

Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes

Free internet updates

NOTE: Features vary be year, make, model and engine. Search by vehicle in question to find out the details. All Superchips tuning products for gasoline-fueled vehicles are either covered under CARB Executive Order number or are in a pending state. All non-racing Superchips tuning products for diesel-fueled vehicles are on the CARB products in progress list pending CARB testing and approval.

Make: Dodge
Model: Dakota
Year: 2003
Engine: 4.7L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Gains:
Power figures not available for all vehicles and tune levels.
Dyno Sheets Power Level Max HP Gain Max Torque Gain
91 PERFORMANCE 21.9 HP @ 5900 RPM 19.4 TQ @ 3900 RPM

Available Options:
Select a power level to view tuning options.
Power Levels: select
87 OCTANE, 91 PERFORMANCE, TOW MILEAGE XS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 Dakota Specific Features Supported:
Adjust Rev Limiter
Adjust Shift Points
CAI Support
Internet Updateable
Read and Clear Trouble Codes
Spark Advance
Speed Limiter
Tire Size Calibration
Does it have that adjust throttle sensitivity setting? Ive heard of it for the hemis, was wondering if the 4/7 had it to. And thanks, ill look more into it!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

If your vehicle is equipped with an electronic throttle body then engineered adjustments will be added to the vehicle once a chosen tuning level has been installed.

Scott

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
If your vehicle is equipped with an electronic throttle body then engineered adjustments will be added to the vehicle once a chosen tuning level has been installed.

Scott
Oh thats sweet, also, it has a Gas mileage tune I think?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:13 PM
BTTHEUS77

oh ok thanks man i just ordered it

Old 08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
BTTHEUS77

one more question do you have to leave it plugged in for the features to stay on or what??

Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

No, once it programs the PCM, you remove it.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 AM
blackbetty696
Rookie

hey guys put a comp cam 268 in and the timing is perfect but it wont stay running unless i keep on the gas i figured it was the ecm so i called comp cams and they said yeah need a tune cause it wouldn't work with factory ecm so i called hypertech, and bullydog about some of the different programmers and they said it would help but not fix my problem i talked to a few tuners in the area and they all said they need more info but one said he's done a few hemi's so he's familiar with it said its $450 for the custom programmer from superchips and $190 a hour for the dyno and he could do it in a couple of hours so $830 but before i do this i just wanted to make sure there isnt a $300-$400 hand held programmer i could buy instead and save some $$$

Old 08-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

The only feature requiring you to leave the product plugged in is our Advanced Data Acquisition software or DAQ.

It allows you the ability to view real time sensor data while the engine is running.

Scott

Originally Posted by BTTHEUS77
one more question do you have to leave it plugged in for the features to stay on or what??

Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbetty696
hey guys put a comp cam 268 in and the timing is perfect but it wont stay running unless i keep on the gas i figured it was the ecm so i called comp cams and they said yeah need a tune cause it wouldn't work with factory ecm so i called hypertech, and bullydog about some of the different programmers and they said it would help but not fix my problem i talked to a few tuners in the area and they all said they need more info but one said he's done a few hemi's so he's familiar with it said its $450 for the custom programmer from superchips and $190 a hour for the dyno and he could do it in a couple of hours so $830 but before i do this i just wanted to make sure there isnt a $300-$400 hand held programmer i could buy instead and save some $$$
First problem Superchips doesn't have custom tuning. Second of all, email hemifever@aol.com he does custom tuning with SCT which is the best option (possibly the only) for your 04 and custom tuning. He has successfully tuned countless 268 cams in Hemis. Email him and he will get you going.

Also his price is MUCH MUCH lower than 830 try half.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

dynos around here are 75 for 3 pulls. imo you need to run away from that shop. also, common issues with guys who did cams and not running right are misplaced push rods

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates