2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took a drive down to meet up with john(zman) today. although, i didnt drive my truck, i picked up my high flow cat, and 40 series muffler for my truck that i bought off him.

you guys may think he comes across as a dick on here, but hes actually a pretty cool guy!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think he's a big 'ol teddy bear.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:23 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
took a drive down to meet up with john(zman) today. although, i didnt drive my truck, i picked up my high flow cat, and 40 series muffler for my truck that i bought off him.

you guys may think he comes across as a dick on here, but hes actually a pretty cool guy!
Originally Posted by 2x1972
I think he's a big 'ol teddy bear.

....rofl......

Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I didn't work on the Ram today, but I did start work on a 02 ford taurus to make some extra money for 95 ram. Brought the car in today about 10am, and even with having a smashed hand I was able to get the top end of the motor tore down so the heads can go to the machine shop. I have never seen a set of blown headgaskets as bad as these were. We drained 2 gallons of water out of the motor!!! I got some pics of it later that I may put up.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Well I didn't work on the Ram today, but I did start work on a 02 ford taurus to make some extra money for 95 ram. Brought the car in today about 10am, and even with having a smashed hand I was able to get the top end of the motor tore down so the heads can go to the machine shop. I have never seen a set of blown headgaskets as bad as these were. We drained 2 gallons of water out of the motor!!! I got some pics of it later that I may put up.

How funny! I took in a 64 Chevy truck to rewire to hep pay for some Ram work.....but I ended up changing my mind as the kid that owns it was so interested in waht I have done on the Ram and prepping for the Jag next. I decided to help him out if he would do the work as he wanted to learn how to do things on his truck.

Name:  JWpressujoint.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  565.3 KB

He's a good kid, works dilligently, and is very respectful. I enjoy watching kids learn.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Goatley
Professional

I discovered I need some new u joints so Im going to replace them ALL tomorrow!

I got a good friend bringing some kinda tool over that is going to make it a breeze to do so he says...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
How funny! I took in a 64 Chevy truck to rewire to hep pay for some Ram work.....but I ended up changing my mind as the kid that owns it was so interested in waht I have done on the Ram and prepping for the Jag next. I decided to help him out if he would do the work as he wanted to learn how to do things on his truck.

He's a good kid, works dilligently, and is very respectful. I enjoy watching kids learn.
Guys like you are why kids like me are able to work on their own stuff and competently troubleshoot our own vehicles. We can be a little annoying when we are newbs, but we will then be training the next generation in 10 years and showing patience because of you. Thanks for taking the time to show him that he can fix his own stuff instead of shelling out big $$$ and not learning anything.

Originally Posted by Goatley
I discovered I need some new u joints so Im going to replace them ALL tomorrow!

I got a good friend bringing some kinda tool over that is going to make it a breeze to do so he says...
Probably a hammer and socket set...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Yeah im educating the taurus owner as well how funny.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Guys like you are why kids like me are able to work on their own stuff and competently troubleshoot our own vehicles. We can be a little annoying when we are newbs, but we will then be training the next generation in 10 years and showing patience because of you. Thanks for taking the time to show him that he can fix his own stuff instead of shelling out big $$$ and not learning anything.

Probably a hammer and socket set...
God I love seeing things like this. Kudos to both of you, gd for educating the next generation, 2x for appreciating the effort, and understanding the end goal.

I LOVE working with folks that are actually motivated to learn. Not being able to afford to pay someone else to do the work is pretty good motivation too. Not to mention the satisfaction of looking at something that was broke, and having fixed it yourself.

Thank You Both!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?