Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you say, 'can of worms'?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
ArkHemi
Professional

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Did you read the whole response?

It will be free, just for a limited time. For Superchips to continue to provide tuning, like any other company, they need to survive. I would rather have them charge a nominal fee, after the free HEMI coupon period, to have them around providing tuning for years to come.

Sil

Sil,
Yes I did read the whole response and while I am grateful for the coupon code and will gladly accept it, it is still wrong. What about people who have this tuner and don't actively keep up with this or other dodge forums? And now I see you are saying that it is only for the Hemi owners!!! I have a Hemi thankfully but those guys that don't have been supporting Superchips just like those of us who do! This makes it even wronger (if that is even a word).
As I stated, I'm grateful for the coupon code but it is just my opinion that this is no way to do business. Never once was there a mention of a fee for this, it was presented as and assumed to be just like any other update for the tuner, plug it in and download it and go play.
Again, this is just my opinion and you know what they say about those!

William

Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

William,

I appreciate your opinion, as always.

Thanks,

Sil

Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the flamming begins....here we go...its not that bad yall its kinda like buying an accessory to the item when you buy your ipod touch and then pay for apps and such do you bitch and moan to apple?....thats the way im looking at it....alot of time and money went into this so whats a lil coin to get the new apps....us 4.7 guys still have to wait and dont get to take advantage of that 72 hours....as far as i know cause nothing has been said about the 4.7l release unless they are going to release at the same time and its a general word being hemi includes us.....for the money we paid for our trucks we dont get extras for free....i dont know its just another way to look at it....

Old 04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
doneking
Amateur
Angry

JustJay,

I believe a couple of pages back it was stated that all of the trans options for all years would be released @ the same time. If I remember right they did mention that 2010 or something would be a little longer.

On the charging for the option upgrade...What makes them want to charge for one type of engine over another. When I purchased my tuner it didn't have a separate price on the 3865 inregards to the 5.7 or the 4.7.

Pretty sorry on any level if you ask me. I know a lot of work went into the trans options that they have been working on, but when you buy the tuner it never states they'll pick and choose on a whim who will get updates for a charge or not. Maybe I didn't read the fine print or something.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look man im not complaining if we do have to pay for it its all in the name of business...and no it has not been confirmed as to when either or is being released 4.7 or 5.7...i think everyone is just whining and not giving it a shot if everyone pays attention as to when its released and you get in on the code it will be for free like sil and scott have stated.....quit complaining....

Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Honestly, I think all of this controversy regarding the fee just further perpetuates the fact that these chips are hype. I didn't want to make accusations without actually buying one, however, I purchased one, and I was VERY disappointed. I had really expected the chip to offer better throttle response throughout the entire spectrum. I wouldn't even notice the tuner was installed unless I'm flooring it; this was a let down for me. I was kind of looking forward to the update of the transmission option, but I can see that a lot of people who don't have the luxury of being on this forum will be getting shafted out of the three day free upgrade period for "hemi" owners. I am glad I at least tried the programmer but I am equally happy that I am returning the programmer and retrieving all of my money back to put it towards something more important. For whatever reason a lot of members like to imply that its a great bang for your buck, but I don't know about other people, but $285 is A LOT of money to me.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:45 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
Honestly, I think all of this controversy regarding the fee just further perpetuates the fact that these chips are hype. I didn't want to make accusations without actually buying one, however, I purchased one, and I was VERY disappointed. I had really expected the chip to offer better throttle response throughout the entire spectrum. I wouldn't even notice the tuner was installed unless I'm flooring it; this was a let down for me. I was kind of looking forward to the update of the transmission option, but I can see that a lot of people who don't have the luxury of being on this forum will be getting shafted out of the three day free upgrade period for "hemi" owners. I am glad I at least tried the programmer but I am equally happy that I am returning the programmer and retrieving all of my money back to put it towards something more important. For whatever reason a lot of members like to imply that its a great bang for your buck, but I don't know about other people, but $285 is A LOT of money to me.
What was it that hammer said in your last thread... a $300 tuner is not going to give you the same gains as $3000 in undr the hood mods. It is not all hype, the tuners do do their part but they are only part of the puzzel when it comes to overall perfomance.

I do think its a bunch of bull that if you miss the post on one of the forums that you have to pay. A 72hr window is not a long time, but whatever, whats the old saying you gotta pay to play.... if you have a s/c that is...

Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well that's exactly my point. A superchips programmer is a canned tuned, meaning it's only going to support a CAI, a catback exhaust, and SOME "shorty" headers....essentially, those are all the simple bolt on modifications that hardly yield any kind of serious power. While trying to avoid a sweeping statement, I think the superchip programmer is somewhat a waste of money. Unless you do like you eluded to earlier;fill in all of the puzzle pieces, which a superchips programmer will not even accomodate for, your not going to see much gains over the stock hemi motor. One could easily spend over a $1,000 on a CAI, a programmer, and a catback exhaust and see minimal improvements compared to a stock equipped hemi motor. Is it worth spending all of that doe on the simple 3? That's why a SCT Tuner or Diabo seems to be the way to go. Those tuners promote enhancing the motor and can support them unlike the Superchips. Personally, I am more than satisfied with the factory horsepower I get with my truck, I love it. I also love my catback magnaflow exhaust; adds a nice look, adds a nice sound, and eliminates the bottleneck factory muffler and resonator. Again, this is only my opinion. I'm not trying to bash on other people here, I'm just stating my own experience with the chip.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

The beauty of consumer control is, you don't have to pay for the upgrade after the 3 day free upgrade is over.

The transmission controls Superchips will be offering are unlike anything on the market today. No one is close and no one will offer the complete and correct control of torque management like Superchips. No one will have a full range (1-4 up / 2-5 down) of part throttle adjustments. This will surpass anything on the market today. It took them 10 months to build, research and develop the program. They're a business and if any business spent 10 months developing something and then giving it away for free, that business wouldn't last long.

Having said that, there's still a 3 day window for HEMI owners to upgrade for FREE. It takes 10 minutes to update. If they made it a week long window, folks would still say that wasn't long enough.

It's still going to be free, for the limited time. Then a nominal fee after the free download period.

Not one beta tester, out of 20+, has been disappointed. To be truthful, it's absolutely worth whatever nominal fee they'll charge.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates